• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Re: Draft Number Up

Silver it is...but will use the AlcadII on the engine, I think I'd like to just do the open engine and trolly for the tail, get enough plumbing inside to be plausible. Nothing fancy, basic base of some concrete tarmac at some long forgotten Soviet air base.

Silver it is...but will use the AlcadII on the engine, I think I'd like to just do the open engine and trolley for the tail, get enough plumbing inside to be plausible. Nothing fancy, basic base of some concrete tarmac at some long forgotten Soviet air base.

First off, allow me to find a photograph of White 384 to see if it is NMF or Silver paint. All the MiG-15bis so far in the VVS are in NMF. Second, remember that the Soviet concrete airbases used rectangular tiles...

The package is ready to go. I will try to drop it off at the post office tomorrow on my way back from dropping off my son at Religion Class. This means Wednesday pickup for you.

Regards,

OK, googling VVS, I'm sure we're not talking about Verde Valley School. AH!! Soviet Air Force..did not know that.

Wasn't there some octagonal pattern on some tarmacs? I seem to remember something about a weird pattern on someone's tarmac because of the way they mass produced it.

There was a different shape (hexagonal) adopted, and copied by the Chinese (go figure) at a later date. Here is a nice link with free print outs of runways. If not used as a print out, it can be used as a pattern, just scale it up 150%.

Click me!

Regards,

I did say, print it out at 150% at use it as a pattern. Place it on Foam-board (certainly less the $15.49USD at a craft shop) and trace the pattern into it. This way, you have any size you want. Even better would be to cut the individual tiles and place them yourself!

Regards,

It would be wouldn't it. Not really happy with the way that looks, the cracks going across expansion joints just don't seem right. All that is at SprueBro is foam board also. Foam board I got.

wow thats quite expensive for what you can do pretty easy yourself ... I'd say.

for my bases I always use a mixture of plaster and wall paint (the stuff you smear at your walls at home). This mixture takes some time to dry but this way you have plenty of time to scratch in those tiles.

Back