• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rat Raiders

Bob, Willem and Mike

Cheers for the good comments I will do a sbs on the painting but I am not going to do a figure for this one as Ive neglected the figure section for so long now I need to jump in with a few figs on that :D

Hi Andy . I like where you are going with this. Should be fun .

Any idea what the canister is on the front bumper ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian,

yeah its the condensation can that trapped moisture and was used either to top up the radiator or to drink in desperate situations

good idea eh !

thanks mate

Thank you Jeeves

I was worried about the details being lost but i just bought some of the Tamiya yellow top lacquer thinner so hopefully :)

Very nice Andy! Very nice! I have probably asked this before, but what kind of putty are you using for the tarps and bedrolls and such?

Terry B)

Hi MrT,

I believe it was green stuff ??
GOTTA try that myself soon, looks aweful :cheer:

Maybe a good SBS, or is it already somewehere ? Still haven't seen everything here !

Willem

Hi Terry,

I get it from Games workshop comes in yellow and blue strips I think its just called putty (?) but it is the same as the other green stuff you can buy like kneadlite

very easy to use mix together add water so it dont get stuck to everywhere that you dont want it to get stuck to

For the tarps just roll it out really flat, trim up edges and lay over where you want it and then manipulate with a wet paintbrush,...if you get a fingerprint on it smooth it out with water

secret is to get it right before it cures as this stuff does not sand very at all well although you can easily cut and carve

hope that helps a bit

Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh last day of the campaign and I am not finished :vmad

oh well not done in time for the name plate but I shall continue this another time on another thread

I have to do some figures to earn my thread name status

Back