• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

question on Tropical aircraft

Paulw

I am posing this question here because it pertains to the build I want to do here. First of all the P-40 I was working on is no longer here and that leaves me to three unstarted kits to enter. I have a P-40K in 32, Bf 110G in 32 and the He 111 in 48. I know I can make the 111 work fairly well and the P-40 but the lack of decals there keeps me from doing that unless I go with either RAAF 450 squadron or one of the British ones. The 110 G is my biggest quandary because I have looked in all my resources and done see anything I could find in tropical livery for a 110.

I would like some guidance here so9 any good ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Tropical Bf110's.... I have a limited number of refs, but they all point to C's, D's and E's being used in the Desert/MTO, as far as I can tell, the G's came later and were mainly used in the retreat from Russia and 'Defence of the Reich'.

I do have an early & rare 1:32 Eagle Strike sheet that has a SAAF P-40K (with orange centres for the roundels) if you decide to build your Kittyhawk - no charge.

Ian

II/ZG.1 "Wespen" were transferred from the Eastern Front and operated B110G-2's in Italy from April to August 1943. They were painted in the standard Day Fighter scheme of RLM 74/75 over 76. They retained the eastern front yellow cowl and wing tips only over painting the tailband in white. Eduard's 1/72 G-2 has this scheme, I don't know if it is available in 1/32.

7085-b.jpg

I've not seen any G's in a desert sand scheme

Cheers,
Rich

I am posing this question here because it pertains to the build I want to do here. First of all the P-40 I was working on is no longer here and that leaves me to three unstarted kits to enter. I have a P-40K in 32, Bf 110G in 32 and the He 111 in 48. I know I can make the 111 work fairly well and the P-40 but the lack of decals there keeps me from doing that unless I go with either RAAF 450 squadron or one of the British ones. The 110 G is my biggest quandary because I have looked in all my resources and done see anything I could find in tropical livery for a 110.

I would like some guidance here so9 any good ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Why not go with just a generic scheme on the P40 instead of a specific aircraft? You got the basic markings right?

I was thinking that my self and both of them ( P-40 and He 111 ) are looking good to me now but I am really thinking 111.

Back