• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Skinny Mike Cleans off the Shelf of Doom!

Skinny_Mike

Just like everyone else, I’ve got a few kits up on the shelf of doom that I’ve lost the motivation to complete. I’m going to use this campaign as an excuse to get moving on a few. I took the pictures a few days ago and just now got around to posting them. They are listed below in the order I plan to work on them, not the order the photos were taken.

First up is the Airfix 1/32 scale Aston Martin DBR9 in Gulf Racing colors. I love Aston Martins and I love Le Mans. What else do I need to say? I got this kit a year or so ago, got off to a quick start with the body work and then it fizzled out. My local club is having another in house contest for June – any Airfix kit, so this will be my entry. (I missed M for March :bang head ) I’m on a clock so this should get some quick attention.

Post1_zpse0775da8.png

After the Aston will be this Tamiya 1/16th scale WW2 German Infantryman in Reversible Winter Uniform. This has been on the shelf for about a decade. I really struggle with figures and this was no exception. I’m going to try to use the tips I’ve seen here on Modellers Alliance to give this guy a go.

FigurePost1_zps87f77760.png

The third kit I’ll plan to work on is my Kinetic 1/48 scale F-16MLU built as L’ultima Diana. This kit was started two years ago, really because I liked the tail art for this airplane. This was my first ever WIP build in any forum which I was hoping would keep me motivated. It didn’t. As soon as I hit a spot I need to scratch build I lost the motivation and other builds took priority. I have recently been digging through this kits box and am feeling motivated again, for exactly the same reason – I love the tail art. If you would like to take a look at the original build, here is the link. F-16ADF L'ultima Diana

ShelfQueenPost_zpsce6f20d0.jpg

If I get these three done I’ll be pretty happy with myself. But I have a fourth kit that I am itching to build as well. We’ll see if I get this far. The kit is the original boxing of the Dragon 15cm Sturm-Infanteriegeschutz 33 auf Pz III. I got started on this build 8 years ago. Made some real good progress and then just lost the motivation on it. The plan was to build it in panzer gray with a distress white overspray. Hopefully I can get running on this again.

WIPStart_zps95371f17.jpg

Well that’s the plan anyway. Hopefully I’m not biting off more than I can chew with all these campaigns!

A quick question to the moderators – do I need to finish all the builds to claim the campaign ribbon, or can I claim it once I get the first one done?

Mike

Back