• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Private 24th Foot Rorkes Drift 1879

So I too a break from the Panther and returned to this chap doing a bit of refinement,..and have now started a base heres a few grainy shots

ha25827b.jpg

h3d963e1.jpg

hde69076.jpg

Just caught up with your masterpiece. Seeing your progress shots has given me a clue as to how to approach my tiny 1/35 fig. ( to be honest the real first thought was to send it to you),but reality set in and I have promised to "have a go" myself.

One thought,if I may, are you envisioning any spent cartridges scattered about his feet?

Regardless: Outstanding Job
smiley-happy096_zps8752ffdf.gif

Thank you Prop Bob and Bob ! :good:

Prop please let me know if you have any questions regarding doing your little bloke

I am very pleased to announce the completion of my Private 24th Foot

As some of you are very aware my photo skills are not all that and I will endeavour to do some but heres a few shots

hb3e418f.JPG

haf39859.JPG

Cheers Ron,...

Well as some of you know I am very bad at taking photographs so heres a couple Ive liberated from friends and fellow modelers at this years Chicago show where my chap earned a Bronze medal (y)

hc8b6196.jpg

h7a68f21.jpg

hbb9f457.jpg

h805ef76.jpg

Very well done Andy! (y)

at this years Chicago show where my chap earned a Bronze medal (y)

Does make one wonder what you have to do to score Gold :blink

I've been to the Chicago Show many times over the years. Golds are won, but are not that common. A bronze there is something to be proud of. In my travels, I would feel safe in saying the toughest competition on the planet are the Chicago Show, Euromilitaire and World Expo, (Every four years), and not necessarily in that order!

Bill Chilstrum, one of the premier sculptors around, attended this year and got three silvers and a single gold, his first ever!

Congratulations Andy, well done!!!

Bob

Back