• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Private 24th Foot Rorkes Drift 1879

well this is awesome Beeing an SA it sure is part of the history I got taught.

Only thing is does he not look a bit John Travolta-ish (ah ah ah ah Staying aliiiiiiive)

Heres some more pics,...sorry for my seemingly absent period, not a lot of model time at the moment

subtle refinments

h39aa236.jpg

hbe9f21b.jpg

hf098d32.jpg

h9cc733c.jpg

hb1a5932.jpg

Having looked at the pictures I have now removed the oversized rifle sling and in process of redoing that and having to repaint the Rifle`s wooden parts once again due to the flaking of the paint while removing the sling. I am also in the process of adding dark sweat stains under the raised armpit as it was obviously very hot in Zululand amidst the heat of battle

:notworthy

Wow, very tidy job ; I like the way you treated reds and whites, that makes a nice contrast. Anders did a good job too on that one, it seems very nicely sculpted (except for the gun sling :p )

If I can do a suggestion, I would leave the fig like this, without adding the sweat stains; that would certainly be more realistic, but the way you treated folds and creases in that area is very eye-catching and I'm afraid darkening it would maybe waste the overall aspect ; but that's just my opinion so far :)

Did you already think about the groundwork for that dude ?

Great job Andy!

Your eye treatment on this figure is reminiscent of Bill Horan's! That's a compliment!

Bob

He looks great Andy! :good:

Is that the same red as on the other english uniforms? (waterloo and from the battles against the americans)

you have a link to info about the different uniforms?

As you may have seen in latest acquisitions, i have some old Airfix 54mm figures to build in the future :cheer:

Cheers
Mats

Bob that's an awesome thing to say thank you !!!

As regards uniforms Mats I cannot say for certain but I think you'll be good with a Vallejo Red to base colour I'll try and look see your figures when I get chance,...so much to catch up on.

BTW, Andy, the guy who sculpted this figure is an old friend of mine. He is originally from Malmo Sweden, immigrated to America in the 90s, speaks perfect American English and when he first started sculpting, I commissioned him to do several figures for Warrior's and Custom Dioramics. Later, he was in a TV reality show about people that were isolated in the Texas desert for several months and forced to live off the land as the pioneers did in the 1800s. Anders Heintz is not only a talented sculptor, but a great guy as well!

Bob

Hi Bob oh yes indeed,... I've met Anders at a few Chicago shows and agree with you totally nice chap,...rumour has it he is now a Policeman down Texas way,....somewhere.

I also see that Bill Horans stunning figure of the 24th was inspiration for this figure. I hope I've done it justice.

Thank you Luiz and Ron (y)

Back