• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Prisoner Snatch, Mac V Sog Style...

53Chevy

Howdy all,
Off and running. :cheer: I started with the Bravo6 figures. WOW! :woohoo: Incredible.
gb1.jpg

I cleaned them up and carved off the m63 Stoner(as this was only used by SEALs) Sog used an array of weapons, from m-16/car-15s to Aks, Swedish Ks, cut down M-79s and M3 grease guns. I want to do something really different. Sog used cut down RPDs,
rpd_450.jpg

so Iam going to this and a Swedish K for my other dude. I set these aside and stared on the Zil. the Zil on the Ho Chi Minh trail used a lot of camo to hide them from recon planes. The NVA/VC used a bamboo frame for their camo.
jack_trail_8.jpg

jack_trail_7.jpg

I got the main frame and engine done, and that is it for today, Ryan

Chevy,

This looks like a good idea. It definitely promises lots of action, and it sure beats the typical Vietnam dio we always see - a bunch of GIs lounging around as if it was Woodstock! :laugh:

dave

how interesting, this will be a very exciting project ryan!

this group build amazes me more and more! it's really refreshing to see else stuff than ww2! (did i write that? :blink ... no i! shaddappa!)

Looking forward to this Ryan , ......... looks refreshing ...........

Laura , I won't tell anyone if you don't ......... :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome aboard, Chevy
Great dio idea! Bravo 6's figures are truly awesome additions to a 'Nam dio.
Peace and Love.
DioRandy

Behave, Dave
You got somethin' against Woodstock? Just kidding. I know what you're referring to. If Bravo 6 had completed their "action pose" set sooner, I'd have chosen a Hue setting for my project and would be building an M48 instead of an ACAV.
DioRandy

DioRandy wrote:
Behave, Dave
You got somethin' against Woodstock?

Not at all :laugh: I just think that some variety would be good. You guys are making me wanna join this GB too... lest see if If find something interesting.

dave

Well, I finally got some build time. I finished the rolling frame and most of the three figures. I have to say that those Bravo6 Figures almost put themselves together!
vgb4.jpg

vgb6.jpg

gbv5.jpg

vgb7.jpg

Back