• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Polikarpov I-16 type 24 - Eduard 1/48th scale

I build this model a long time ago.... :D

The polikarpov I-16 was a small russian plane that enter a lot of wars... one of tose was the WWII.
When i saw it for the first time i said i had to build one!! The model brand Eduard has 4 types ... and of course i bought the four! What better experience to build 4 models in a row... well i made 3... the last one is still in the box for later...

The build...

Ready for putty and sanding

(if you are building this model please take note of the toothpick in the cowling... its reallyyy important)

Has you can see the other 2 models are a little bit ahead...

Ready... Set... Goooooo.....

It was a beautiful summer day...

I took a pause ... and then whent running to the finish line...

Tamiya Smoke

Tamiya Buff

Varnish

Pigments... from mig!!!

Finally ... done!!

Some ideas for the base...
Poster 1

Poster 2

I liked this one....

Will post the other I-16 if youguys would like!!!

Hi Pedro. Glad to see someone building something that is not mainstream.

I really like the I-16's . They offered such a wide variety of paint schemes. Are you painting with Tamiya paints only ?

Please, more pictures !

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey guys many thanks for your comments!!! Will post the other I-16's !!!

Hi Pedro. Glad to see someone building something that is not mainstream.

I really like the I-16's . They offered such a wide variety of paint schemes. Are you painting with Tamiya paints only ?

Please, more pictures !

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey christian it's true this model is a little out of the mainstream and when you start seeing all those beautiful and ugly schemes you just want to build it!!

Regarding this model I use Gunze (interior and undercarriage) and Vallejo (for the russian green)

Since I do mostly planes I use mostly Gunze and Vallejo!! But sometimes I paint some models for my dad (which are Armour) and use Tamiya, D.O.A. and Lifecolor. It depends.... ;)

Regarding "more pictures" well ... every time I do a model that I enjoy I take it to some expos, model building gatherings and stuff... and its always a problem to take them back home... so I offer them... so this one doesn't live at my house anymore so cant take pictures of it!! :(

Interesting take on what to do with your models .

I really meant pictures of your other I-16's if they are still at home.

I saw the Gunzes latter on but they are very hard to come by in the US . I use Tamiyas and Vallejo as well but really like the Gunze (of course ).

I wound up using different colors for the Russian machine though . If you watch my thread you'll notice I have no favorites except for sticking to WW II aircraft.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back