• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Plastik Smurff BF109

Plastik Smurff

Here is my submission.Just waitin on some P.E inst panels. :bang head

DSCF1526%7E0.JPG

DSCF1525%7E0.JPG

Ok finaly got a start on this build :woohoo:
I primed the donk with Vallejo primer Red Brown and sprayed the block with Mr Metal Dark Iron.

Bf_109_4.JPG

Bf_109_1.JPG

Bf_109_2.JPG

Bf_109_3.JPG

I haven't compleated the detail as yet,but it's a start. :java

.Kurt.

yeah that Eduard Self Adhesive stuff ain't all that. I used lacquer thinner to remove the glue and then used CA to secure the part.

Dang fine looking pit!

:popcorn

Looking good. Although they feel sticky you have to press on them to activate them. Then they stick where you didnt really want them to.
James

Interior now done and about to close up.

DSCF1603.JPG

DSCF1608.JPG

DSCF1611.JPG

DSCF1613.JPG

Apart from the Edward etch interior I have also used Master Models MG Brass tip's for the cannon's.
I'm not 100% happy with the pit :S , but for a first attempt at using a lot of etch I guess it's ok.
Thank's for the comment's and tip's made sofar.

.Kurt.

SMURF,

Between you & MOONIE's 'Stang .... you Guys are tryin real hard to Drab Me into th Flyin' Thingy's relm .....

Great Lookin' BF !! That Pit is Bad AZZ !!!

:drinks

Well I don't know what to say but thank's for the comment's. :blush:
Here are a few of the wing section.
A little more etch here.

DSCF1614.JPG

DSCF1616.JPG

The etch in the well's sidewall and leg tunnel were a bitch to bend so they would conform right :evil: :bang head

DSCF1615.JPG

DSCF1617.JPG

Got her taped up to get the profile,I did have to put a bit of card in the front to get the fuselage at the right height to match the leading edge wing root.

Looking very nice. Enjoying this build. 1 question though, why are the landing gear tunnels painted primer red colour rather than RLM02?
James

Back