• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pips Prillers FW190

...it would be nice to have all the parts intended in the kit.

The parts were not intended to be included. What was intended is to prepare the consumer for Eduard's own aftermarket updates. Having partial engine parts meant that other detail sets seem like a waste so it is best to get Eduard's when released. Pretty slick methinks.

Sort of like Apple with their proprietary port designs.

Regards,

That's just it, I can't find in their online instructions where the missing parts are, what kit they are included in. Sort of leaves a sour taste to me, just like the apple tactics. Least with the Droid I can load up Mozilla stuff. Just can't find out if a gmail account REALLY is required or just desired.

Laura this engine is as is, OOB. the Cowls will close up any viewing so enjoy these pictures.

The 1:32 or 1:24 scale FW will be the one to trick out!

Well I hate to be negative, I really do. But I've had it with this kit. I don't like it, I don't want to finish it. Not right now at least. there are massive seams all over the wing root and around the cowls.

This kit would work well for an open panel build but that's not what I wanted to do.

I may pick it up again in the future, maybe a shelf queen project some time. But for now it's shelved.

IMAG0002.jpg

this is where we are right now.

I worked on the Bone Burners this afternoon, also worked on an old friend. Pictures later.

Well there is your problem right there. You have the speed brakes extended. Probably overstressed the airframe and thats why you have gaps. :D
James

And with those in place there's still massive seams that need filled. I can work on the Bone if I want to sand something!

Sometimes it is worth researching the aftermarket available for a kit (although I do this to find corrections for inaccuracies). Here we see that Quickboost has released a set of gun covers specifically designed for the Eduard kit in the closed position... quite telling!

Click link to go to Sprue Brothers.

Ken Stanton also built a closed up Butcher bird over at Hyperscale:
http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/features/fw190a8eduardks_1.htm

Regards,

I did look around a bit on the aftermarket but wanted to go OOB on this. I only got the Eduard set because there was absolutely nothing for an IP included in the kit, no decal, nothing. I really didn't want to hand paint all the gauges. I'm really just hating on Eduards lately.

That's a bummer that the kit is less than pleasing, guess that means it's on to the ARMOR??!! :D

Actually turned to the Bomber, not armor...then there's going to be something I've been wanting to do for a long time!
piliot.gif

Back