• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photography Question...

Up here in Ontario, Canada they've banned the sale of regular incandescent light bulbs. I bought every incandescent daylight bulb I could find whilst they were still available.

Cheers from Peter

The US has done the same, except for "Industrial" bulbs. Cost more than the traditional bulbs but they do last longer.

Up here in Ontario, Canada they've banned the sale of regular incandescent light bulbs. I bought every incandescent daylight bulb I could find whilst they were still available.

Cheers from Peter

The US has done the same, except for "Industrial" bulbs. Cost more than the traditional bulbs but they do last longer.

Yep, most LEDs are good for 10,000 hours, so I assume a cluster in a bulb will last a good while too.

They are much better in my eyes since they produce almost zero heat. I have to switch from incandescent in the shop light during the summer months because the heat, but the CFLs have a tiny flicker that gives me a headache. LEDs were about $20 a shot a while back, the switch over really blew up the market bringing down cost.

A lot cheaper to run too. You can run a bright LED off a button battery, won't get much out of an incandescent at 3 volts.

Ed,
Last week it was me that was suffering through the 100+ temps, its not easy to deal with since its usually very mild temps in the summers here so when it gets 100 and over it its a big deal.
This spring and summer has been extremely dry even compared to last year which I thought was amazing for such long stretches of really dry and warm weather...a summer here can be as short as 5 weeks without a lot of rain. :eek:ldguy

Matrixone

Been crazy weather the past year that's for sure!!

Thanks alot fellas. I appreciate it. I'll see what I can do as time goes on... Yeah, the wall is Yellow. Normally I have a box top up there when I take pics. I'll play around with it some & see.

I probaly could go outside & take pics Les, Just too lazy ta do that! LoL... Been having 100+ temps lately, I'm afraid I might melt if I go outside :frantic

The bulb in my lamp is I think 60 watter. got the frosted look to it. Not a florescent bulb.

Hi Ed.

You can buy a 60 watts daylight balanced light bulb that'll fit your lamp socket. You'll be surprise at the difference it makes to model building and taking images.

Cheers from Peter

Yeah, I'll keep my eyes peeled when I have some extra $$

Ok, the IL-2m3 is done! So, I set up the box top & took these... Let's see what y'all think...

hb78e772_2015-08-07-2.JPG

hd836e61_2015-08-07-2.JPG

h5ffedf3_2015-08-07-2.JPG

h66bdb86_2015-08-07-2.JPG

Back