• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PANTHER PAD"ALL DONE"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I have been getting ready to go to Eaglefest later this week and one of the things I have been working on is a base for "Patched Up Panther" that I completed last summer. I picked up an all resin base from Verlinden called "Break Through". It has lots of little details in the rubble that needs to be painted and weathered. I started by painting the whole thing flat brown. Then with the airbrush I picked out the other details like bricks and rocks using red brown, rust, and several shades of gray. The fine detail item where brush painted. I gave the whole thing a wash of dark brown. After the wash dried I have dry brushed lighter shades of red brown. Here is what it looks like right now. I hope to have is done before Wednsday in time to make the trip to Dallas.

Terry B)

DSC07636.JPG

DSC07637.JPG

DSC07638.JPG

DSC07639.JPG

DSC07640.JPG

B)

Thanks everybody!

Pictures are great! They show you what you need to do.

Terry B)

Even with all the competition, there are useful things Verlinden still produces and a great modeler can accent. I know you'll do well at EagleFest. Do you plan to see Brett Green or is this not the Squadron Mail Order/MMD event? Forgive my ignorance about shows. I can't be expected to be good at everything!
:pp

Regards,

Even with all the competition, there are useful things Verlinden still produces and a great modeler can accent. I know you'll do well at EagleFest. Do you plan to see Brett Green or is this not the Squadron Mail Order/MMD event? Forgive my ignorance about shows. I can't be expected to be good at everything!
:pp

Regards,

Yes this is Squadron Eaglefest and Brett Green will be there.

Terry B)

Thanks Tony!!

I think I'm done with the base. This is really the first time I have used a resin base of any kind. I usually make my own so this was a different project for me. I hope it adds something to the model setting on it. Here are the finished pictures.

Terry B)

DSC07642.JPG

DSC07644.JPG

DSC07643.JPG

DSC07645.JPG

DSC07646.JPG

Back