• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pack rats

Henrik Melvold

I posted pictures from this WIP diorama on the old T&T forum.
Since last posting (on the old forum), I've painted the Jagdtiger. Pictures will be posted soon.

The story of this diorama is that a couple of US soldiers are checking out an abandonned JagdTiger to see if they kan find some nice trophies to bring back home.
Not the most original or complicated story, but I started this project to get over a long building drought. :)

I'm considering to use a telegraph pole in the upper left corner or maybe another soldier standing on the engine deck to give addittional height to the diorama.

The Zundapp needs some weathering, and the figures needs some paint as well :)

Please forgive me for the absolute terrible quality of this first photo, but it's the only picture I have that gives a general view of what this will look like when it's finished.
TrophyHunters_1.jpg

This is the current state of the project. The elements missing in the photos are belts on the Jagdtiger, the Zundapp MC and the figures.
Jagdtiger_1.jpg

Jagdtiger_4.jpg

Jagdtiger_5.jpg

The base without the vehicles.
Jagdtiger_7.jpg

Jagdtiger_8.jpg

Jagdtiger_9.jpg

Please feel free to give me your honest comments.

Henrik

Re:Trophy hunters

the base looks superb! the whole scenery looks very interesting!

now i only would love to see the jagdtiger and figures in paint!

Henrik i said it beore and i am gonna say it again `Killer groundwork !!` and great composition i am looking forward to your next lot of photos .

Yea, I was wondering what happened to this one!! Can't wait to see the finished diorama, I always like knocked out vehicles, and the Jagdtiger is always an impressive subject. Glad to see it on the new site.

Shaggy :dude

Henrik. Fantastic work I am still trying to work out how you did the ground work. Hint Hint B) :unsure: An insite would be great. I would really like to achieve what you do.Keep it up.
Adam.

Good progress on this. It's coming along well.
I'm not sure if a telegraph pole provide enough volume to the vertical aspect of this project. To me it is very "Low" and "Strong" along the base/mid line. A tall narrow pole might not be "heavy" enough. Another GI may fill the bill, he won't command as much vertical space but his scale would give interest and maybe enough filler to the space.

Just some thoughts. I know you'll do a good job with whatever you put in there.

Super job of the groundwork, really nice details to spot.

I love the photo from the front [of the tank] i think it shows a lot more of what has happened previously in the scene. Love it

Lets see some paint on that baby.

Ant

Thank you for your nice feedback.
Nice to hear that you like it.

PS! Ant, I used quite a bit of "forest litter" from your company Treemendus on this one.
Great product! Thanks!

Henrik

Got some paint on the JT now. The base coat is layed, and I have applied a light "dusting coat" to tone down the colors a bit.
The wheels are green. Forgot to include them in the picture.

JT_fistcoat_1.jpg

JT_fistcoat_2.jpg

JT_fistcoat_3.jpg

And now it's all set for some heavy weathering.

Henrk

I'm using Tamiya acrylics on this one. Mixed with about 40% clear, dilluted with Tamiya laquer thinner (the one with the yellow cap).

Henrik

Like i said on the old TnT i absolutely love the ground work
The hard edge camo is coming along a treat
will be watching with anticipation

thanks for sharing

Matt

There has been a little bit progress on the project.

On this pictures the JT is just test fitted. I also plan to use some camo nets on the sides of the JT.

jt_jan_01.jpg

jt_jan_02.jpg

jt_jan_03.jpg

jt_jan_04.jpg

jt_jan_05.jpg

I hope to finish this before the IPMS Norway nationals in february :)

Henrik

I love the balance of this composition, it works a treat.Nice work on the JT, knocked out but not too overly battered. Keep up the good work. Are you entering it into the IPMS comp?

Ant

Back