• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P 47 D Trumpeter 1/32

Perfect. I have used Bronze green before, but the shade you have is very good. Looking very nice so far (y) (y)
James

I wish I could, can't see your pictures yet. But...I do know that the interior colors could vary from aircraft to aircraft, I have read where some were painted black or red according to the pilot's instructions.

Really, by the time you wash, filter, drybrush, pigment, chip and scrape the paint job, how close is it to what you started with? this is just a general question, looking forward to seeing what you have.

The model is not stopped. The problem is what color to paint the cockpit. Searching the net I saw various documents that show that the color is not Interior Green, but Dark Gull Green.

For the interior I used the Tamiya XF-4. It seems that the color is correct.

P47D034.jpg

I am trying various mixtures with Tamiya paints. This is one of them but it seems a little dark.

P47D031.jpg

P47D032.jpg

P47D033.jpg

Will someone help me?

I thought the Bronze Green was a Grumman creation. Shoot, I like what you got here. green chromate up front, another shade in the pit, all plausible from what i"ve seen.

Interior ready. This time I think the colors are correct. Either way, I will not worry anymore. Everything will be hidden.

P47D036.jpg

P47D037.jpg

P47D038.jpg

P47D039.jpg

P47D040.jpg

P47D041.jpg

P47D042.jpg

P47D043.jpg

P47D044.jpg

Next step. The engine.

Back