• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P 47 D Trumpeter 1/32

Typhon

My next model.

P47D001.jpg

P47D002.jpg

Sheet of decals "Eagle Cals".

P47D003.jpg

P47D004.jpg

Norma - Little Bunny - Helen
P-47 D-30-RE
57TH FG

P47D005.jpg

Cool. I love this a/c and Trumpeter have done pretty good at it. Looking forward to the build. One of these days I'll get the N model.
James

I can't see a DAMN THING!!!!!

Sorry Typhon, I'm at work and those genesis block photobucket for some reason. Looking forward to see your take on my favorite fighter!

I can't see a DAMN THING!!!!!

Sorry Typhon, I'm at work and those genesis block photobucket for some reason. Looking forward to see your take on my favorite fighter!

You need some of them there glasses with anti IT blocker blocker. Then you'll see just fine :pp
James

Been meaning to comment here. I love the Jug, who doesn't? I like the Razorbacks better, don't know why. Can't wait to see your treatment of this beauty!

Photos of the aircraft.

P47D006.jpg

P47D007.jpg

P47D008.jpg

In color photos provided by Eagle Cals shows the plane and says to paint with two colors.
What Eagle Cals says:

“Originally operated by Brasilian Air Forces diverted from RAF deleveries painted with RAF Green uppersurfaces with patches of fresh OD obliterating some previous markings."

In the pictures I found do not see the two colors. The Hasegawa, in your model on the scale 1/48, says to paint the model of Olive Drab.

Someone can help me?

Putty, sandpaper, a lot. But in the end, everything fits well.

P47D009.jpg

P47D010.jpg

P47D011.jpg

P47D012.jpg

P47D013.jpg

The interiors painted with Interior Green.

P47D014.jpg

P47D015.jpg

P47D016.jpg

I have always wanted so see this WIP...popping popcorn...

The Ductwork for the intercooler is like a ballet. Absolute shame to seal it up inside. Great start!

I have only six Jugs because I only found six sharkmouth on them... A Brazilian or Mexican Air Force Thunderbolt which was active in WWII would be a colorful change.

Nice work, a shame to cover those details but I don't want to give the idea to open up some flak holes to see the interior...

Regards,

Absolute shame...closing that up I mean. Notice the mounting points of the engine mount rings. Get's me thinking....

Looks great so far, will be watching with interest as I have the late D model with the fin ahead of the tail and I'm interested in seeing how everything fits together.

The model is not stopped. The problem is what color to paint the cockpit. Searching the net I saw various documents that show that the color is not Interior Green, but Dark Gull Green.

For the interior I used the Tamiya XF-4. It seems that the color is correct.

P47D034.jpg

I am trying various mixtures with Tamiya paints. This is one of them but it seems a little dark.

P47D031.jpg

P47D032.jpg

P47D033.jpg

Will someone help me?

Back