• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-40 E "An ace on China".

Typhon

P-40E002.jpg

P-40E003.jpg

The version chosen for the GB.

P-40E004.jpg

Look forward to this build. I'm doing one right now. I want to see is you get the same fit problems I did with the wing leading edge to body and wing root. I'm wondering if it is a technique issue on my part. Also I had forgotten, but there are frames on the front windscreen that are bogus. My fix is here if you are interested.
James

jknaus

And it's not a small problem. I did a dry fit. The wings fit well, the fuselage fits well too but when I joined the wings to the fuselage :angry: big hole. I'll see how and if I can solve the problem.

Dry fit.

As jknaus said, problems in fitting the wings to the fuselage.:angry:

P-40E007.jpg

P-40E008.jpg

A piece of sprue cut to size seems to solve the problem.:unsure: I'll see if it will work..

P-40E009.jpg

P-40E010.jpg

P-40E011.jpg

P-40E012.jpg

Not being a rivet counter or anything but I wonder how this fix effects the shape and dimensions of the kit. Does the width of the fuselage get out of whack or is it back in whack? What about the dihedral of the wings? I think it pushes the side walls out where it's intended because the step seam is gone at the wing root...

Nevermind...Nice fix!!

(y):

Hi,

This fix is the perfect one as long as it is not in the way of the internal components. It is the same fix I proposed to Harv on his P-38M boom issue.

A pointer that you don't need to do. If you have a razor saw (I do mean the thin type as sold by JLC) you can cut the vertical panel lines until the horizontal one underneath the exhausts cut outs. This will allow the radiator cover to close the seam on the bottom. all sanding is then limited to one panel. While sanding, deepen the fastener holes after each session.

Click image to see a cool tip for these broken blades.

Way to go! Great job there. If it is in the way of the cockpit, make a note of the width and just add to the cockpit floor sides.

Regards,

Thanks sharkmouth.

The bottom wing does not bring the correct dihedral.

P-40E031.jpg

P-40E035.jpg

This is the part that will do.

P-40E032.jpg

We can see the gap.

P-40E033.jpg

Now with the part fitted.

P-40E034.jpg

P-40E036.jpg

P-40E037.jpg

Aha! Looks like that wing spar/wheel well part brought the seam back to some manageable situation. Still noticeable gap but it looks easier to fill.

Sorry for the bad photographer I am. Do not know anything about photography. Still can not understand why photos taken on the same site, with the same light, and colors come out different.

Lights and shadows.

P-40E028.jpg

P-40E029.jpg

P-40E030.jpg

P-40E038.jpg

P-40E039.jpg

P-40E040.jpg

P-40E041.jpg

Man....that's sweet! Don't know why you're complaining about your photography, it's picking up those variations very well!

Tell us how you're doing this?

Back