• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Open For Discussion!

That landing photograph is really something else: it is simply fabulous, specially considering the equipment available at the time! :notworthy Awesome shot that gives us a pretty good idea of the Allied power - particularly that of the American industry! :eek:hmy:

Also helps people see what kind of logistics were involved in D-Day...
emoticon_nod.gif

Cheers and thanks for sharing! B)
Fernao

Go to this site , http://www.eucmh.com/ , ....... D - Day , planes galore , tanks , German , Italy , Pacific , .......... man , EVERYTHING !!!

On the left hand side scroll down to categories , find archive photos , ......... then spend days surfing !!!

These are just some of the hundreds , yes hundreds of photos that you don't usually see ........ and this is just Normandy !!!

Utah-Omaha-053.jpg

Utah-Omaha-061.jpg

Utah-Omaha-002.jpg

Utah-Omaha-010.jpg

Utah-Omaha-012.jpg

Utah-Omaha-062.jpg

Utah-Omaha-064.jpg

Utah-Omaha-065.jpg

Utah-Omaha-066.jpg

Utah-Omaha-068.jpg

Utah-Omaha-069.jpg

Utah-Omaha-070.jpg

Okay, I'm in with the USS Harding in 1/700 scale. She slugged it out the coastal defenses up close and personal.

harding.jpg

This is a nice long timeframe.I am going to build DML'S kit #6494 Early Jagdpanther with zimm.I will build it as a vehicle from Panzerjager Abteilung 654 that served in Normandy 1944.My reference source will be the wonderful book "The Modelers Guide to Jagdpanzer" by Military Minatures in Review and Jim Hensley.

thanks

Here's a question, what was the temperature during the invasion? Everything I see the guys are bundled up pretty well but it's early June, how cool would it have been there?

This is a nice long timeframe.I am going to build DML'S kit #6494 Early Jagdpanther with zimm.I will build it as a vehicle from Panzerjager Abteilung 654 that served in Normandy 1944.My reference source will be the wonderful book "The Modelers Guide to Jagdpanzer" by Military Minatures in Review and Jim Hensley.

thanks

Cool Raider I will add you to the list.

Terry (y)

Back