• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Open for business - Tamiya Mitsubishi A6M2b 1/72 & engine

Flyingbabydoc

Hi friends,

The move is finally "completed", although no internet - no garage - no garden - no telephone yet. We are basically camping in a 250 m² tent! But it is all worth it, beautiful surroundings of hills and forests.
Also, I could tame the wife with her complaints about my stash by threatening of comandeering one of the extra rooms into a show room. That did it.

And so I am back in business. I decided to start rather slowly and revisit some classics. Since I love Japanese WWII planes, this is a Tamiya Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero type 21 in 1/72 (always). No PE this time, just an extra engine set from CMK. This plane (B1-151) was flown by Capt. Lida onboard the Soryu during Midway.

Still a WIP but enough to post a few pics. Weathering and diorama to come later.

I haven't yet browsed the forum but I am looking forward to seeing and learning from your latest models.

Cheers

Alex
IMG_4084.jpg
IMG_4085.jpg
IMG_4086.jpg
IMG_4087.jpg
IMG_4088.jpg
IMG_4089.jpg
IMG_4091.jpg
IMG_4092.jpg
IMG_4093.jpg
IMG_4096.jpg
IMG_4097.jpg
IMG_4098.jpg
IMG_4099.jpg
IMG_4100.jpg
IMG_4101.jpg
IMG_4102.jpg
IMG_4103.jpg

Nice to see you back at the bench and here on MA! The Zek looks good and that great little details.
Yeah...lets get some pics of the new digs!
:victory:

Barbecues are a must in the construction site. And my son is enjoying the mud puddles where the garden is supposed to be... one day.

Love the new house and that location is awesome...secluded but not in the boonies!!
...and Eco friendly to boot!!!

Thanks a lot guys, that is very kind.
We do love the house although the commute is about 35min each direction, but still its location in the woods is really amazing. Sitting back on the porch in the evening just with forest sounds is simply idillic. These are the "outskirts" of the black forest (Schwarzwald) so they are protected and cannot be built on.
Maybe some of you can come and visit when this madness is all over!

The Zero is on a small pause since I am waiting for a few CMK items to make a small diorama. I will post more when they arrive.

Cheers

Alex

Back