• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

On (railroad)tracks campaign

Yeah baby !!! check out you tube for the video of the move from downtown Dallas to Frisco, Texas

hdba3cd3.JPG

Told You I was The Trainman ..... I'm in Zee Paper.....

Union Pacific is currently restoring one to operating condition, no date on completion but I suspect it will be a couple of years yet.

The one I would like to build would be impossible for me to finish in a 3 or 4 month period. It would be a minimum of a year build. (Trumpeter K5 Anzio Annie in1/35) However, there is a shuttle engine they make that was used to move that big gun around. That is a feasible possibility. :hmmm

OK so I got a question.

I got some of my old HO stuff from when I was a kid. Really old stuff : :eek:ldguy Would restoring/weathering something be considered for a build?

That would be nice to see Bob :popcorn

I just hope I can get time for this, really wanna do it :frantic

//Mats

Well I'm in on this. I have two 1/72 scale Russian Armored trains to build up. Another Forums is doing a RR based Group Build as well so I'll get started at the same time. I won't post tomorrow though, it's my birthday and I'll be spending the day in Simi Valley at the Ronald Reagan Library entering 23 models in the Pasadena Valleycon to celebrate. I may be able to post on Monday though.

Only 23 Mark? Sounds like you've been slackin' :smack

Have fun and best of luck to ya, we're expecting lots of pictures. Get some good shots of SAM27000 :pilot

Well I'm in on this. I have two 1/72 scale Russian Armored trains to build up. Another Forums is doing a RR based Group Build as well so I'll get started at the same time. I won't post tomorrow though, it's my birthday and I'll be spending the day in Simi Valley at the Ronald Reagan Library entering 23 models in the Pasadena Valleycon to celebrate. I may be able to post on Monday though.

Good Luck Mark & Happy Birthday in advance ..... I hope all your presents are 1st place .... :good: :yipee (y)

I've got an old Bowser HO 4-6-6-4 Challenger steam locomotive that belonged to my great grandfather that he never got assembled. He started on it, but didnt make it very far. I may look at doing that for this campaign.

My great grandfather started off by converting it to a cab forward version instead of the traditional rear cab version. Been trying to decide whether to continue with that, or get a new body to build it in the traditional layout. Amazingly, I can still get the body from Bowser, even though this locomotive kit is over 50 years old.

4-6-6-4_01.jpg

That's Amazing Adam ..... The Cab forward is Highly sought after now ..... I didn't know bowser still had parts for this either .... I've been trying to finish for one of my Customers a old Roundhouse Kit (All Metal) of a 4-4-2 Atlantic ... that would be like He remembers as a child. Not an easy task as I had of thought ..... lots of itsy-bitsy parts ..... what ever you decide ..... Good luck :good: .... (y)

Only 23 Mark? Sounds like you've been slackin' :smack

Have fun and best of luck to ya, we're expecting lots of pictures. Get some good shots of SAM27000 :pilot

A little. Last year was a very slow year for me, mostly because of all kinds of issues popping up that kept me off the bench. I possibly could have entered a few more, but they were not really contest quality, so I'm bringing my best; which is all relative to say the least. My camera's batery is fuilly charged and I have a full "roll" of "Film". :blink :D I can't wait! :yipee

Thanks Gerry, I doubt I'm going to even place as I'm up against the cream of the Southern California model builders, but even a third would be cream on the cake for me. Just being there and seeing everyone will be the best thing ever.

Adam, that is a great model and I do hope that you can get it done. It would certainly be a fitting tribute to your great grandfather.

I have something I can do for this campaign and I feel almost obligated as model railroading is my dark side hobby but it not a kit, it will be mostly scratch built so for a start up photo I need to round up most of the material that I will be using. I need to order a few things including some brass strip so it may be a few weeks before I can put my 'kit' of materials together.

Back