• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

On (railroad)tracks campaign

Some inspiration :)

hcd94a29.jpg

h4b67dc4.jpg

//Mats

On the fence in the background is what appears to be a Korean flag so that would be my first guess

Come on now! there must be one of you with some trainstuff laying around :geek

//Mats

I had originally thought about maybe scratch building a modern diesel electric locomotive, but I think that I'll look at going something simpler that I can do from a kit. No idea what yet, as I don't have anything in my stash, but I've been interested in a lot of the 1/35 rail stuff.

Since model railroading is my dark side hobby I could do something here. Unfortunately most of what I might want to build is already in progress. Locomotives, since they actually need to run (electrically not live steam) and are mostly scratch built quite often take years to complete and I have several already in progress. I do have a couple of rolling stock projects on the schedule that are in the form of semi kits, just a basic box that you add detail to make into a car. Not sure how interesting anyone here would find an ordinary boxcar from the mid 1920's.

Gary the way I see it modeling is modeling. Some of the stuff I've seen you railroad folks do is amazing, it escapes illusion of scale. By all means share it with us! (y)

Alright then I voted yes, hopefully this won't start before the new year as I'm pretty heavily committed between now and then. Don't blame me if everyone gets bored to tears !

Back