• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OK Gang better late than never!!!

Hey Gang ,

I told you all last year I would join this build and here I am. The Dr. Has been pushing me to get it going so here I am.Heres my starting pic hope it's see able photos are tuff for me.

hada0f6e.jpg

I plan on using this new tooled hull and parts from this kit to make an almost totally new tooled Stug III D hopefully the African one that's my plan. I plan on also using a couple parts from the Tamiya Stug B kit and the new tooled Dragon Stug F/8 kit. Dragon has not as of yet new tooled any of the Early Stugs so this is my attack on this subject. Hope you All like what you see.

Brian

Stupid Me the photo is Sideways LOL !!!

Hye Brian, this is hardly late, late is waiting till the last month like some people do...:smack

When you attach the image make sure you also insert it to the post, no biggy but it goes ahead and embeds the image in the post.

I got a little crook in my neck but that's cool, it's about modeling not photography...:rotf

Stupid Me the photo is Sideways LOL !!!

Glad you could make it! :drinks

I really am glad to see you start this campaign!

By the way, my neck also started hurting (like MoonPuppy) so I rotated the photo for you.

Regards,

Books !!!

Hey Gang ,

I just picked up this book looks real good and has a few of those DAK D Stug pics too.
h80dcd39.jpg

I als have these books.

Auchtung Pz Stug

Panzertracts Stug

Ryton Stug

Osprey Stug

I think I have enough info now to get my hands busy.

Brian

OK Gang ,

Here's the pics of work so far. The bottom hull is about %80 done , the rear engine deck has the engine hatch holes covered underneath and black marketed over for no lightness later on. The desert type engine hatches are not the kit hatches but the new TWS hatches, these have the tiny teardrop lock covers as the early hatches had, the kit hatches have not. Had a few sets of these on hand and want to see them in function (LOL). The frontal top transmission access plate has some issues , mine has hinge fingers missing on one of each parts one hatch hinge missing a middle finger and one armor plate hing also missing a finger, this will require some surgery but I think I have it figured out.the hatches in the Engine deck are not as of yet glued I will center them better when glued.

Brian
h5eb2793.jpg

h5eb2793.jpg

h3759136.jpg

h3a8fd0c.jpg

h6f180d2.jpg

he6f2cd7.jpg

hee7b0b7.jpg

ha34c607.jpg

PS All Pics taken from my IPad !!!

Hey Gang ,

Sorry I'm not much of a picture taker, all pics done on my IPad as parts are inside a white Dragon kit box for background.

Brian

PS All Pics taken from my IPad !!!

The Ipad seems to have turned the world upside down lately, I've noticed photos in other posts on other forums doing the same thing.

Glad you're off and running! :good:

OK yesterday and Last Nights Work !!!

Hey Gang ,

Here's yesterday's and last nights (sanding one side) work and a look at some other kits parts I'm going to use. At first I was going to use the upper casement fighting compartment from the older 90's kit. Then I was going to use the new tooled F/8 kits but the roof was wrong. Then I decided to cut the Tamiya B's roof out and try it. Guess what it was an almost perfect fit I was so happy. So now I filled the sides of the newer casement as per the D. Here I sanded the closed side smooth and you see I haven't finished the open side. Here is a slanted add on armor from the older D kit that I will prob use and the interior radio from the
Tamiya B kit. Here's the Gun parts from the Tamiya B kit that I plan on using. Thanks for watching it will be nice when Dragon finally gets to releasing these Early Stugs in new tooling.
hd5bbd1e.jpg

hf5f4624.jpg

h0f438f1.jpg

hb7ac8a1.jpg

h9e07727.jpg

h0f438f1_2014-03-19.jpg

h3aa3ccc.jpg

h81c8333.jpg

h1b4b8b6.jpg

h3d78d86.jpg

haf48e4c.jpg

hf80706d.jpg

OK yesterday and Last Nights Work !!!

That's just weird...the pictures upside down, not the work. Diggin' this :soldier

At least this is Teaching Me !!!

Hey Gang,

At least this is teaching me how to take pictures and post them. Hopefully by the end I'll have it all figured out.

Brian

At least this is Teaching Me !!!

you must have quite a stash with Pz III's :woohoo:

Looking very good so far (y) (y)

//Mats

Back