• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Oh No, an Airacuda!

Looks good John!

First time I've seen a" side by side" comparison of an airacuda, I actually thought it was a bigger aircraft!

How many guys were supposed to be crammed in there? 1 in each nacelle and was it 3 in the fuselage?

:popcorn

I have this very model in my stash. I bought a couple 1/72 White Ensign metal Oldsmobile 37mm guns to put in the gondolas many moons ago. "Lots of stretched sprue and carving". I rather expected that from this kit.
Thanks for building Her so I can see where the pitfalls are! :notworthy

Looks good John!

First time I've seen a" side by side" comparison of an airacuda, I actually thought it was a bigger aircraft!

How many guys were supposed to be crammed in there? 1 in each nacelle and was it 3 in the fuselage?

:popcorn

That's the staffing I understand, Warren. I would not care to be in the nacelle!

If I was willing to go that far with it, it could be a lot of work, Rob. I am learning to settle for goodenuf on some of these limited run kits, the end objective is to have a YFM-1B in the display case that looks nice to less critical eyes than most of us modelers. It has nice surface detail, perhaps that and all the cockpit framing will detract the eye from the modeling shortcomings that come with a kit as ill fitting as this one.

Still have to do the props and decals, and a little detail painting.

015yfm1.jpg

016yfm1.jpg

It really does look more like a Dick Tracy comic thing than anything that actually flew.

Super job so far John. (y)

Proof that they are "done". There are always a few more things that could be done, and may be done, but I'm thinkin' they are done enough to claim compliance with MMM. With 45 minutes to spare!

017yfm1.jpg

018yfm1.jpg

019yfm1.jpg

020yfm1.jpg

Ha! I wasn't the last one to the finish line.

Super cool build John! Definitely something you don't see built everyday (y) (y)

Thanks, all youse! Cleaning the palate with a Hasegawa J2M6 Raiden in 1/48, but also starting on reconstruction of an Aurora Lockheed XFV-1, also 1/48.

Back