• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Nose weights?

Barney

Does anyone make nose weights to keep planes from sitting on their tails?

I know Terry Dean did (I still have a couple) but he doesn't answer emails anymore.

Anybody?

OR

Does anyone have a chart of what weight is needed?

I know this has been probably asked 10,000 times....

I picked up some adhesive motorcycle wheel weights to use. I haven't used them yet, but it seems like a cleaner solution to shot & epoxy/pva. At least as long as there is enough room. The motorcycle ones are pretty small though, so should work in most applications. I got mine off Amazon.

full

I just ran over to WalMart when I needed some weights for my Do335 and went to the sporting goods section with the fishing tackle. They still have the weights in a number of sizes and they are fairly cheap.

I make molds and cast my own by melting lead from fishing weights or some plumber's lead bars I have scrounged over time. Silicone mold making rubber can handle that much heat.

0341b26.jpg

Once I figure out how many weights I need I mix up some epoxy put the weights in place and drool the epoxy over them.

Homer drool.jpg

Terry's pre-made weights were just easier... I guess it is back to Elmer's and shot for me

Back