• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

l brooks

Thanks for letting me join! I started getting back into modeling after I retired a couple of years ago . I build mostly armor and small dioramas. Here are a few of my builds.
IMG_0829 (3).JPG
IMG_0850 (2).JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0742.JPG

Welcome to the Alliance! What amazing 'calling cards' you presented! With quality like that, you'll fit right in with all these Masters.

Welcome aboard that's some nice work.Is that the Tamiya M-40, it was a very nice kit,just finished mine and posted about a month ago,needless to say yours shames mine !!!!

Let me add my 2 cents here and welcome you aboard. I can vouch for the members of this site, they're all a great bunch of guys. You'll like it here! Your work is impressive! :vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood:

Bob

Let me add my 2 cents here and welcome you aboard. I can vouch for the members of this site, they're all a great bunch of guys. You'll like it here! Your work is impressive! :vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood:

Bob
Thanks Bob, I'm a big time fan of your work. Looks like a fun site. I'm glad I found it.

I made gun barrels. I have a little lathe and milling machine that comes in handy when I have to scratch build something.
I have been fascinated with lathes since a certain dentist modeler used one on his youtube. I finally got a Unimat only to realize I don't know what the hell I'm doing. :rotf

I have been fascinated with lathes since a certain dentist modeler used one on his youtube. I finally got a Unimat only to realize I don't know what the hell I'm doing. :rotf
They can be a little tricky. You got to make sure the tool is on center of the part and don't try and take to much material all at once. There has to be videos out there on how to use them. I went to school to learn them after I got out of high school.

I am a watchmaker and have the appropriate lathe and a small milling machine. I am always pushing the envelope on what can be done with them. Even though the lathe and mill were bought to do watch work, it turns out that I use them mostly for hobby. This is good when I need to do some work on a watch using them I am all skilled up from the hobby work.

Back