• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New workshop

razordws

Spent the weekend moving into the new house. There is a lot to do especially in the yard so the workshop is not a priority but I have a desk and a Betty Bomber ready for when I need to take a break.
Messenger_creation_35c75452-adea-4815-b08a-64127199575e.jpeg

Those old lady curtains need to go...

Carpet. Brand new carpet monster! YIKE!
We got a new bedroom. Our bed had to be moved to the living room to enable bedroom/roof/rafter repairs after Mr. Tornado came by.

Yikes! Hope the damage wasn't too bad Rhino.
The carpet will go when I'm ready to tackle it. I'm done with carpet monsters.

Yikes! Hope the damage wasn't too bad Rhino.
The carpet will go when I'm ready to tackle it. I'm done with carpet monsters.
It's pricey, but we are both undamaged. It could have been much worse! The "Nut Department" is still in operation. (No, you cain't see it!)
I bet our "bedroom TV" is bigger than yours!!

About 3 years ago the hot water line to the washer blew out and by the time I discovered it (about an hour later) water was everywhere and 3/4 of the wood laminate floors were damaged. When going back I had porcelain tile that looks like wood put in all the areas that had been laminate. It has made a big difference in finding micro parts on the floor of my shop. I only wish I had chosen a tile that was a flat smooth surface rather than the scraped effect. Still it is better than carpet or the damn laminate.

I hear you Paul. The new house has laminate floors on the main floor including the kitchen. Dishwasher had a small leak and has caused some minor damage to the laminate. Why would anyone put laminate in the kitchen. :bm:

The laundry room and kitchen were tile floors, but right off them were the living room and short hallway to the back bedrooms. The water went all the way around the outside edge of the living room, and down the hall and along the walls of the bedrooms. The worst part is the water went "under" the laminate. It had to be all torn up and replaced even the front bedroom which was completely dry. My utility bill that month was over $300 what with the extra water and then the electric running the fans and dryers. Usually the electric in July is about $190.

Back