• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New twist on old technolgy...(tattooing)

53Chevy

So My wife'd bday was Valentin's day (our wedding was on Halloween) I was able to sell some kits and use that money to get her some tattoos she wanted. Her Grandfather (turret gunner on a B-24 and a motorcycle cop for years in LA from 1946-1968) had tattoos and that is why she has them now. Well he died last year and she wanted to get a couple of swallows like he had.
Now, I know a lot of people poo poo tattoos, and that is fine. What I thought was really intresting is how they were done. Now, if you have ever seen or heard a tattoo being done it is a bit noisy and a bit painful. Well, my buddies shop is now using compressed air to run thier tattoo guns. It is quite, consistant, easier on the artist (can add 10 years to thier job) and Heidi swears that it less painful and I think more vivid. So after Edison invented the "electric pen" Now there is this.
100_0255.jpg

100_0256.jpg

you know what would be a nice addition to the swallows? northern stars between the wings! :cheer:

those tats are darn well done!

i still remember how painful my tat was (was done on a friday 13th) - i bet the bone under the tat is inked too!

I almost got a tat once, at Lowery AFB in Denver, 1983. I was in the chair and it hit me, sobriety.

Not my thing but interesting none the less.

They would have to be some of the brightest tattoos I have seen in my life. Either the studio uses great ink or your wife's skin holds it brilliantly.Or both.

My mother, who never let me get one, got her first one a few months ago at age 56 and she now has three. The smallest, but most obvious one is a butterfly in the middle of her neck that she decided she needed to cover up the tracheostomy scar she got as a result of being ventilated for a month after a car accident last year. I couldn't convince her that the butterfly would be infinately more obvious than the scar.

The other two are fairies on both ankles/lower legs and she got the first one afer promising a friend she would get the same one as she had before that friend died of cancer. So I guess they all have some meaning for her, same as for most people.

Our Tattto guy (Frank Ryan at The Artists Edge) does awesome color work. Mine all look the same from the day I got them, for the most part.

Now those are seriously bright! :laugh: Nice tattoos as well, I got my first one a week ago, outline was ok shading was PAINFUL! :blink

tattooo.jpg

Nice!
This is my chest Love our tattoo guy (theartistsedge.net)
ryn11.jpg

ryn10.jpg

This is my arm. It is a pinup of my wife :evil:
frnk67617.jpg

This is Heidi's back
f23.jpg

f25.jpg

I will have my left arm complete buy this years end. I have a one of the 47 Samurai on my left arm as well and most of my back is done. Its an addiction :unsure:

Gotta say I LOVE those wings.... but my mind winces with the pain that would have been involved over such a large area.

Back