• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New site ,new 1/35 bunker

Piet

Type R650 bunker ,this on will get some nice battle damage .

Made it in my usual way of making scale bunkers.

This will be only a third of the entire bunker

(complete bunker is aprox 51+ cm long or 20,08 inch in 1/35 scale )

b1 001.JPG
b1 002.JPG
b1 003.JPG
b3 003.JPG

View attachment

to steel doors.......wont be seen but there there
achter deur 001.JPG

Extractor Hood system + gun
Only found a hand full of drawings of the actual gun.... its a Canon de 105 mle 1913 Schneider so the gun was no problem...... only the rear is build with the minor detail i could find,but then again only the front part is visible.

View attachment
And this is the bunker today ,still drying out .View attachment
Today we are going to make the parapet, the concrete part in front of the gun.

Hi Mike,

I started last monday with building ,and just finished it today......... a few hours a day after dinner .

If i have all the material cut to size i could do it in a couple of hours
Building it is very quick.

Takes more time to draw all the plans and cutting the wall sections to size and scratching the wood grain in the (plastic strips ) planks
Prep time takes the longest !

Is the stone work a facade? You can clearly see the rebar for the poured concrete but it looks like that stone work is superficial.

Before pouring i added real rebar made from 0,7mm steel wire ,
still
YgqVOKF.gif
away faux concrete .
dMven2Y.jpg
skSyD79.jpg

Can't ofcourse create exactly the same damage,
but it will be be adequate and the modern day pictures show 70+ years of corrosion of the concrete .
More chunks will have fallen out over of time ....with the rebarb rusting and cracking the concrete.
I am going back in !

Found this pic ,
I9Q1NzW.jpg

looks like a piece of the shield is missing ( i like it )
Makes sense with the damage that one of the grenades made on the left side off embrasure.

TacSLYS.jpg

That's it for today,otherwise i might overdo the Damage.

Basic colors are on,the black outlined bricks i will do with a paint marker ,I tried it with a brush wasn't a great success,
painted two trees more to come .
i will get the markers next wednesday,
The damaging will be scrapped/cleaned out and get some light grey washes when al is done.
verf 001.JPG
verf 002.JPG
verf 003.JPG

Back