• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 German Atlantikwall stuff

Piet

This a type off German Range finder you would find on the Atlantikwall for the heavy Navy gun batterys (the realy Big boys )
I believe these where around 15 cm thick steel domes .
They where all removed after the war .

I deleted my progress pics by mistake ....oh well .
The dome was turned on a lathe from a big block of resin i prepared earlier.
The rest is evergreen plastic.
It is 95% done .

Still have to make a part of the bunker beneath it ..........and a small steel observation dome in front of the range finder
Here you see a similar rangefinders, some on top of tower bunkers in all kinds of heights /shapes, or just on a normal flat roofed bunker ,also a few different types of optical devices ,shorter ,longer more lenses .

5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

1.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
dfg 003.JPG

unnamed (1).jpg
031_engelöya_batterie dietl_leitstand s 100 frontseite_2005-07-22.jpg
16.JPG
at the Leitstand of the Marine-K_stenbatterie 'Gro_er Kurf_rst' in Cap Gris Nez4.jpg
Naamloos.png
qwe 004.JPG
2801-ildledelsesbunker-hanstholm-ii.jpg
EphOqdWXEAAmePP.jpg
Camouflage-net-on-the-Fire-Control-Tower.jpg
fce.png
DSC0557.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Most interesting, I wonder if commensurate pain was inflicted on the allies after expending all those resources.

German 28cm gun turret ,i have good drawings for this type so it was an easy build.
The photos might not capture it well ,but all the bolts have a square hole in the middle,this was the only tedious job of the build .
Naamloos.png
cb 002.JPG
28cm 002.JPG
28cm 003.JPG
28cm 006.JPG
sdf 001.JPG

Last edited:
Cool, looks great, and mjammi Gurkenviertel von Kühne - I'm more the Schlemmertöpfchen guy :)

Great scratch building Piet, fantastic work!!:tens::tens:.
Stuff like this always makes me wonder how the allise ships stayed afloat and how they got onto the beach!

Back