• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NATS 2024

Barney

I had hoped to get to San Marcos last year. However, it was not in the cards. This year, I will be at NATS. Who is hoping to be there? SWMBO and I will be towing the mobile hotel room and hope to make it a fun time. Get those MA polo shirts out, hoist a few beers, and get ready for someplace that isn't 100° on the comfort index!

Heap big snow come today! Kimosabee say "stay warm and safe." Goof off with model miscreants plenty!

Teresa and I will be there. We're driving up Thursday. Friday and Saturday at the Convention. My Sweetie seeks suitable evening places to go sing. She LOVES karaoke.
Practice up your "Barrett's Privateers"! Prepare for FUN!

All I can say at this point is "maybe". I will be going to Secaucus again sometime early this year and I already told the boss that I was NOT going to fly. I have driven up to Lititz in Lancaster PA before, and while it is a bit of a drive, I don't really mind driving. Beats the heck out of being at the mercy of the Effin airlines and car rental agencies.

Last edited:
You have to remember that he is driving a big truck Chris. I might drive my Toyota Sienna and it gets about 25-26 mpg on the highway. Not sure what big American trucks get.

Well it ain't that bad.
1704855846029.png

And that was going up in the mountains.
My Fuelly tells me I average 16.2

But I'm sure i've fat fingered some of those records.

And it's 936 Miles, I'm not driving through Chicago again!

Last September, October? Can't remember I drove around Secaucus and then over to Manhattan and across Manhattan to Queens to drop off the rental car and then get to La Guardia. I was lucky in that I had about 7 hours to do so thus no hurry. Was also not going to be stopping there anywhere. It was an adventure, but wouldn't really care to go there again. I would make a wide swing around Chicago. No desire to go there either.

Just had flash traffic from up Wisconasin way.
The IPMS National Convention in Madison coincides the the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee this year.
Motel room are already near impossible to find. Mark has decided not to rent a vendor table because he cain't find a room to rent.
His home in Cleveland, WI is 3 hours away, so he will still make the big show.
This could affect our decision to attend the Nat's as well.

I am still going to attempt my "Commute from Dodgeville" plan. At the end of the day, no one lives or dies for the next model kit or model show.
The Mad City members ARE a great bunch of guys!

Back