• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heading off to Wonderfest in Louisville KY this weekend.

Heavens Eagle

It's a 5 hour drive, but well worth it if you are in to figures and sci-fi. As I am a bit tight on vacation this year I passed on getting a room for the night and also decided to save the $130 for a room and use it on something I will be wanting. I figure Badger airbrushes will be there (hopefully) Am thinking about getting another Sotar with a big cup to go along with my 20-20 slim. The 20-20 is so easy to clean due to the needle design that I almost never use my Krome any more.

I also have 5 figure kits already paid for and waiting on me there. One of them is now retired which means it isn't going to be available anymore. Most of the others are getting close to retirement and I wanted the set. Still have 5 more on the Halloween Nightmare set to get but now have the short time left kits going to be in hand.

It will also be great to see the figures that have been painted up in the last 2 years. Many of these put the single figures at the IPMS Nats to shame. I will be taking my camera with a fresh battery and big memory card so I should have a nice number of photos to post next week.

If it is anything like when I went up in 2018, leaving real early, the traffic runs fast and smooth to Nashville and then to Louisville. Am getting rested and only have a few things to do tonight to get ready to go. Will hit the sack right after getting home from work tomorrow night and head out about 4am or so. It will be a long day, but should be fun and this time I know where everything is going to be and at least know a few folks.

Ten hours on the road and 8 in Louisville, Saturday was a long gut productive day.
Here are some photos. I will start with some of the figures in the dealer(s) room. I clicked over 300 photos, and there were a lot of things I missed. I did get Chase Masterson to sign one of my Deep Space 9 DVD sleeves.
Chase Masterson.jpg

I actually like to start in the dealers room as some of the best figures are there. One of the best figure manufactures is "Filmy's Girls". They still had a couple of the older kits. Ran across a couple in their stock room that should have been sold out and retired, and then there were a couple of new kits.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I picked up the Allura kit which was released last year. It is 1/5th scale and has a LOT of resin in it.

003a.jpg

Most of the Garage Kits USA figures are painted by Jim Capone whom I have gotten to know and was able to visit with him for a while.
Here are the Garage Kits figures.

They currently have two sets Halloween Nightmares and Denizens of Zo. Here are the Nightmares of which I got one of the Last "Bog Monster" kits which is now retired. I have about 1/2 of this display set now.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011 vampire.jpg

Then there is this bust set "The Four Seasons" and "carnival" There are some new additions to these in the wings.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Anyone interested in Wednesday Addams all grown up?

014.jpg

014a.jpg

The rest of the dealers room was typical kits and accessories with the exception of Polar Lights booth where they show what is being worked on.

015.jpg

016.jpg

The 1/1000 Voyager should be out any time and the 1/350 Grissom is slated for Christmas time. Maybe one of these days PL will get enough info to do the Reliant in 1/350. They won't be able to keep it on the shelves.

In the second dealer room there is a large scale model display with a 5 foot Millennium Falcon a very large AT-AT and several other builds with a few "in process".

018.jpg

017.jpg

Yes the AT-AT is on the floor. I have no idea what the scale is, but it is huge.

020.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Anyone have an idea what this goes on?
3D_emoticon_186.gif

023.jpg

A little hint.

066.jpg

There was a whole squad of various Storm Troopers running around in their outfits as well as a First generation Cylon that you could hear coming from down the hall. I was tempted to paraphrase an old Star Wars line and ask him "Aren't you a little heavy for a Cylon?" Alas I didn't get any photos of them.

There were hundreds of entries in the contest room. As usual some good and some not so good, but impressive none the less. I weeded down many of the photos so here are the cream of the crop.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

There are about 7 more posts yet so here we go again.

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

This is an interesting "figure" It is from a Chinese sculptor and either 3rd or 4th in a series. They are very involved and always have a face with other scenes involved around the rest of it.
036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Back