• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My stalled StuG is FINISHED!

agentg

Thanks to Adam this one finally got going again. I received the part he so graciously provided just in time to stop this and start the PzIV for Noel's group build. :(

Well work has changed dramatically for me and I now find less time on the bench. I added a few things, and changed some things around.

DSCF2218.jpg

DSCF2217.jpg

DSCF2220.jpg

DSCF2219.jpg

I did manage to get this painted this morning.

DSCF2221.jpg

DSCF2222.jpg

DSCF2223.jpg

DSCF2224.jpg

Having preshaded with black,I went with Tamiya Pzgray mixed with black for everything below the fender line. Above the fenders I used straight pzgray to fill in the panels. I then used Pzgray and a bit of buff to highlight all the horizontal surfaces.

It seems a shame to cover this with whitewash as I'm very pleased with the results.

Enjoy!

G

Re:My stalled StuG is finally rolling.

Good progress so far. If it was mine I would change out the air intake screens, they are out of scale IMHO.

Looking good so far, Wayne! I agree on the intake screens, smaller mesh would look better.

Hi Wayne good progress. Im glad you got it going again. Now lets see it finished.
B) B) B) B) B) B)
Keep it up
Adam

good start on the stug is that blue tack holding down the t34 tracks? :hmmm

Thank You all for responding.

The screens are definately out of scale because that's all the screen I had! I wasn't going to wait and find the proper PE nor use the kit parts, so it is what it is. :laugh:

The tracks were taped together to allow me to judge the final fitment. They are resin so I CA'd them to the hull when I decided where I wanted them to be.

Other than that I'm slowly working here to finish this.

DSCF2228.jpg

DSCF2227.jpg

DSCF2226.jpg

DSCF2225.jpg

Well I'm calling this one done folks. I added some stowage, and made the jack block from wood strips, wire and tape. I used some soda can aluminum for the jerrycan rack. Who needs PE huh?

Anyway Enjoy!

DSCF2229.jpg

DSCF2230.jpg

DSCF2231.jpg

DSCF2232.jpg

DSCF2233.jpg

Looks great, love the tracks and all the work you put
into it. (Gonna give her a white wash)?

Looks like it's ready to winter over in Mother Russia.
Come have some vodka and enjoy the friendly natives.
Shawn

Beautiful job Wayne!

Just goes to show that old cops and car modelers can build some cool armor! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

Hi Wayne,

Sorry missed this post :blush: Great StuG, the Ostketten look great! and the T-34 tracks are a nice touch. Briliant paintjob :woohoo:

Erik

Back