• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My First Fruilmodel Tracks...So what do I do with them??

Ok, I just had to go look...and it appears I can get the FM tracks for all of the limited armor in the stash w/ the exception of the AAVR-7A1. Will definitely have to keep them in mind for the next one. Though it will be a bit as I've got more wingy things lined up in the near future, plus picking away at some of the shelf queens.

IIRC the AAVR-7A1 uses the same tracks as the M2 Bradley.

Thanks Mike!! That jig is great so I made one up and it works beautifully. Had a slight FUBAR with my first run of 10 links. I’ll post more on that later.
:victory:

I'm glad it worked for you Eric. The track run turned out very well. Nice job! :good:

So I got the tracks assembled. Used a strip of tape to get the length I needed for the track run...Thx Iron Mike for the suggestion!

CH3-003a.jpg

building them up went nice and quick once I got into the rhythm.

CH3-003b.jpg

CH3-003e.jpg

While building up my first run of ten links the brass rod did a crazy bend and got jammed in the track. I kind of freaked out the ended up breaking the link apart. But as it turns out I was wanting to have spare links on the front with one of them broken after taking a hit...so it all works out in the end. That was the only problem I had so far.

CH3-003c.jpg

I'll post up the brandishing and weathering when I get to that part of the build, so stay tuned.
:victory:

Back