• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mud Trap

tiking

I have been experimenting with different types of methods lately. This time is with mud. Yep! Good old natural mud. :) I used mud collected from a neighboring farmer's dirt road. Really fine dirt, I must add. All I did in this diorama, was add PVA glue, and a little water, and Voila! The muddy puddles you see were done using a mixture of Liquitex gloss medium & varnish, and their Transparent Raw Sienna ink for the muddy look. I also tried a little mixture of MIG wet effects and Liquitex Raw Sienna. I think the end result looks pretty convincing. I am still fine tuning the surrounding areas by doing some dry-brushing on the mud, to bring out the different texture. But so far, it appeals to me. The model itself is from AMT 350 Pay hauler. I had this kit for a while and did not know what to do with it. The big bucket was cut down to fit. So there is no chassi just the big bucket and front end of the pay hauler. I did much on the interior with some additions and some minor scratch built parts. This scenes inspiration was taken from many photos of collapse mines or sink holes that dumpers and machines alike, have fallen victims. As always, I like to always do some different and try to go one-step further. ;)

Whatamess!!!!
They don't need a recovery crew they need archaeologist!
Haha! Three excavators to be exact. :)
Good tips for us, thanks
Most welcome.
I guess he just wasn't going fast enough! Well done.
Hehe! Wouldn't have helped. :)
Quicksand!
More like a sink hole, collapse mine...
Looks real to me. Gary S.
Appreciate it Gary.
You build the coolest vignettes. I love your imagination to come up with them. Very well done.
James
Thank you ever so much, James.

More brilliant work Charles! Your experimentation has paid off; you nailed it perfectly! Wow, what a stunning vignette!

Back