• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Mrs Bonnie'

Wheel well done now:
ha69772b.JPG

h10260eb.JPG

Engine bearers and engine bay painted inside & out:

h83e9388.JPG

h2c3babf.JPG

h4c6b286.JPG

hc482f6e.JPG

And fuselage interiors painted, ready for building-up the 'pit and radiator sub-assemblies.

hd219776.jpg

Got brave and went for another test-fit. Still looking fine:

h51d9a31.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. Next, the cockpit !!

Ian.

OK back to the P-51 after finishing the Hornet.

Sidewalls finished. Used Barracuda's placards throughout the pit. Mixed my own green from three parts Tamiya Flat Green (XF5) and two parts Tamiya Chromate Yellow. I've also used the Barracuda resin throttle quadrant - although in this pic the actual (late) throttle lever hasn't yet been added.

Seat is painted XF5 straight from the bottle for contrast with just a little 'old school' dry brushing for weathering. I'll be using Eduard belts simply because I had already had them 'in stock', otherwise I would have gone with HGW belts.

Barracuda radio battery and leads. The radio itself is the Tamiya item but I cut the switch-box from the Barracuda radio and grafted it on to the Tamiya one. Using Roy's instructions I wired the radio & battery with various gauges of fuse wire all fixed with CA glue.

IP came-out well and I replaced the control column with the Barracuda one.

I'll be at the 'Armistice in Cambridge' show at the weekend so will be attempting to thread & fix the seat harness in front of a small and bemused crowd of Kiwi's - photo's may follow next week depending upon how successful that operations goes !!. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, more soon.

AFN

Ian.

Back