• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mr. Surfacer restocked

MOONIE,

AW Hell ... Grab SHARK & let's hit th PUB !!! Should We take ANDY with Us ? :D

Here are some Examples that I've recently done. I can Zone in on them if you want better shots . Now these pix are of a Jagd-Panther 1/25th scale that I'm building for am AMPS review. you can see where I "washed" in the Mr. Dissolved Putty to some of the recesses. The spots on the side were filled b/c I'm relocating the Tools to the Rear A-La the tool arrangement as seen by th 654th Pz.Jgr.Abtl.

JagdPanther_125_side_upper_hull.JPG

Here you'll see th JP before adding th Mr. Dissolve. notice the "bulge on this side. That's where th wood Jack block would go, but It will be relocated to the rear Deck.

DSC07658.JPG

Here you see the After. I cut down the "bulge" & filled it in with Mr.Dissolve. When it dried I "plained" it down with My X-Acto Chisel blade. You can also see where I filled in the other locator spots for the Tool racks that will also be relocated to th rear Deck.

DSC07661.JPG

Here's a shot from th other side to show how I filled th other locator for th other tool rack.

JagdPanther_125_front_side_upper_hull_with_mr_dissloved_putty.JPG

If you look close at th Kugel Blitz you'll see where I added some Mr. Surfacer 500 to hide the seam in the Ball mount.

rear_deck_of_JagdPanther_125_b4_paint.JPG

Here ya go MOONIE. If you look close at the Lifting Hooks that are in the middle of the deck you can see where I "washed " in the Mr.Dissolved Putty. In this case I used a 3-0 brush & really washed in the Mr. Dissolved. It's self leveling properties left it Flush with th Deck & I won't have to sand it.

On All of these I'll post th finished painted product inna few days & you can see th Finished affect !!

ERIK

Good stuff Erik. I see. But wouldn't Mr. Surfacer done the same job on the hooks? I can see the advantage with the hole.

Just stocked up on Mr. Hobby supplies...(2) Mr. Dissolved Putty, (2) Mr. Surfacer 1200, (1) Mr. Surfacer 500...and well, had to throw in the Cyber Hobby 3t 4x2 as well...you know...just to make it worth it.

Now waiting for them to come out with "Mr. Sticks Photo Etch to Model Real Good"

Ok, how about..."Mr. Super Terrific Realistic Self-Chipping Paint Coat".

(Actually surprised no one has come out with paint chip dry transfers...yet)

Tom

Good stuff Erik. I see. But wouldn't Mr. Surfacer done the same job on the hooks? I can see the advantage with the hole.

MOONIE,

Well th lifting hooks were actually like little divets.The space the hooks fit into were actually a touch too big so it was more like a cavity & Mr. Surfacer would have not quite done th job, as I've found for stuff like that Mr.Surfacer shrinks a little when it dries & would not quite fill th void. These were somewhat sizable gaps around th hooks. I had to do th same for the Vision Block guards on the Roof. The slots that the guards fit in are actually too big and leave gaps around the vision block guards.

Don't get me wrong. I like Mr.Surfacer & I use it when needed. It's just when I need to fix a sizable gap or even a deep seam on a barrel or Gun Breech I'll grab th Mr. Dissolved. It settles right in there & dries smooth. I've found that I still need to sand with Mr.Surfacer but not with the Mr. Dissolved.

TOM > Speaking of Dry Transfers .... have you seen th New Ones that Archer has come out with ? They are for replicating the Disc Ambush scheme in 1/35th scale. You put those down after you have sprayed your Tri-Tone Camo. !! (y) (y) So I wouldn't put it past Archer to come out with some paint chip type of transfer !! :lol:

- http://www.archertransfers.com/AR35337A.html

ERIK

Back