• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moonpup's been after me. Finally S.S. Minnow

Nearly so. Orca is a whole lot older Vessel than SS Minnow was. Then two, this is the 4th SS Minnow in the show. The version you see holed & beached.

hbe4b7c8.JPG

1/700 Small Boats getting ready for RTV silicone molding "1/700 Small Boats" is redundant isn't it? :hmmm :facepalm

h11fcb8d.JPG

Small boat set mold. Out of the pressure tank, and curing! Soon, 'Pup! You very own 1/700 SS Minnow, very soon.
:rotf :yipee :rotf :yipee :rotf :drinks :captain

I changed the name to "1/700 Waterline Movie-stars Small Boat set"
hcd83a41.JPG

h4a6c1a5.JPG

@ 48 PSI, on the second mold attempt, using Smooth-On liquid Plastic from April This is tonight's result. I could not be more pleased! Lookit how the Pulpit railings cast on the boat that resembles Orca!! :yipee :yipee
Now I can put my 1/700 Orca Master back together & hunt 'bitty Great White sharks again!

Watch your Mail, 'Pup!

More 1/700 "Movie Star" boats in the works!
This began as an experiment to see how the generic wood deck would behave sandwiched between 2 plastic layers. I had in my head "Corsair", Romer Treece' Bermuda dive/salvage boat from the movie "The Deep". Robert Shaw played so many cool characters earlier in my continuing childhood, even if he usually gets killed. He seemed to have a fondness for boats with flying bridges and pulpits. Corsair was no exception. The experiment seems to be successful.
compresser & generator details will go on the open afterdeck.
IMG_E7484.JPG
IMG_E7485.JPG
I'm making a separate roof/flying bridge just in case anyone is looney enough to add 1/700 details to the cabin. I am NOT! Well..................
The Afrikan Queen and Corsair will be added to the existing TLAR Models set.

Stay tuned for more exciting waterline Movie Star boat developments!! :drool:

IMG_E7489.JPG
IMG_E7490.JPG

Corsair basic hull and superstructure complete! She looks a little long at 46 scale feet. Perhaps after compressors and machinery populate her afterdeck, my eyes will be more pleased. Bluenose/Lucretia in the back ground with starboard side rail stays in progress. Portside ratline foundations are in place.

IMG_E7500.JPG

Compressor, tank, winch & hose drum and air tanks in the rack, with other bits for interest will mold as a separate bit for Corsair. She was portrayed as a dive boat and a treasure hunting/salvage boat in The Deep. She still needs SOMETHING on her foredeck. References are scarce.
It seems less than likely the mold would pick out dinky cleats in 1/700 scale.
IMG_E7492.JPG

Black Rifle Coffee's Blackbeard's Delight and my Sweetie's excellent Pineapple Upside-down cake is responsible for this whole project! A less caffeine/sugar infused brain might not have gone quite this far with Corsair!!
Stay tuned for more exciting/silly 1/700 model developments!!
MUHHU HAHA HAhahaha!!

My Blu-ray copy of "The Deep" arrived. After viewing footage of the actual Corsair movie diving boat, I realized She was WRONG!!
IMG_E7524.JPG

So I fixed Her! 3 cabin winders, not 2. The middle portside winder is a door. New flying bridge, the bulwarks go all the way back. Grab rails on either side of the new flying bridge. Railings along the after deck. I'm planning to add the ladder back on and make a cabin door, even though Romer Treece never closed it.
Robert Shaw or Peter Benchley must have had a fondness for Elco Sport Fishing boats with flying bridges. Corsair and Orca were very similar in basic layout.

Thanks for looking in!

Remember my oath not to make the octagonal St. David's Lighthouse? Obviously I don't. :smack:
Whaddyagonnado? I need stuff to fill the first Yankee Doodle Pigeon mold.

IMG_E7542.JPG

Having sworn not to make Romer Treece' Lighthouse, I furthermore promise I won't complain about the tribulations of making the silly sumbitch. 15 meters seems a little too tall.

Back