• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 3, 1941

20220923_063815.jpg
"These are tents. paint them green." Excerpt from set 122C's instructions. I painted these O.D. green and dry-brushed a lighter shade of green on the peaks. The effect is subtle you cain't hardly tell. Quonset winders are silver with smoke over them. These just cry for washes!
20220923_063853.jpg
Light washes on the canvas cargo bed covers.
getting close now. When I saw there's just a tiny bit of paint left to do, that seems redundant, no?

20220924_105640.jpg
Box art for 122C. US Navy SeaBee's lead the convoy with their 5-ton and 1/12 ton truck, towing the generator trailer. Their CO's 1940 Ford Pick-up is stopped at the OPS hut waiting for new orders. Army Dodge ambulance and Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton 4X4 trucks follow the CB's, with Aussie engineers Land Rover SWB, C30 truck and Opel Blitz ambulance bringing up the rear. The Base CO's Jeep is parked outside his HQ hut on it's generous deck. It could be the Navy vehicles should be navy gray. :hmm:
There should be more Jeeps. A PT base would be lousy with Jeeps.
https://freetimehobbies.com/1-700-blue-ridge-models-usn-jeep-willys-x12-3d-printed/
Problem solved! From a US manufacturer and just a buck each! :yipee:
Now, where did my .50 caliber machine guns get to?
The PT Boat Base madness is nearing it's completion. Praise the Lord!

20220925_210213.jpg20220925_210223.jpg
MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP!!!!
This set's contents were small enough that they are going to Market in one of my favored zip-baggies! Just like the Docks and Pier set!
I've been at this since January of 2022. Thank the Maker, I can move on to something else (dinky, minute, looney)!
PSHWOO!
Should customers expect to receive bonus extra 1/700 free PT STUFF?
They don't always! (Yes they do.)
The economy is so tough these days. Wal-Mart even has toys on clearance here.
Thanks again for looking in again and again and again................:drunks: :drink

:capsmiley:

:oldguy:

:salute:

Last edited:
Now all you need is that prime mover and the lowboy trailer, we'll set that PT boat up to be move up in that lake...whatever it's name was, no coffee yet.

Thanks Ian. "Going Mad"? I already got my t-shirt! It's the return trip that I look forward to most!

Lake Lasagna. It's in the Italian part of Mindoro. Wait til you see MY Bulldozer!:bang head
I doesn't has to make no 1/700 truck and lowboy trailer, see. An I not gunna! :tomato:

Or!
http://www.avrmodel.com/en/accessories/3797-1-700-m26-dragon-tank-transporter-and-tanks.html

All you need now is a 77-footer and a lower hull plate. C'mon Kid, show me whatcha got! :bat

Remember the scale PT Boat Base model project that never stops?
20230322_134450.jpg
I do. :silly:
Tent with no sides will need framework to hold it up, an industrial compressor to aid in the distilling of native libations (I suppose) 2 new trailers and now all 3 trailers fit in a scale LCVP! All, the TLAR customers that bought the Social Club and Tents & Vehicle sets will be getting this addition to their purchases at no charge as casting progresses. All y'all know who you are. :Drinks:
New sets will be upgraded with no change to the box art.
Like Ragu, It's in there!

Back