• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram - Revell P51D Vintage and Recent

cb1

Nothing like a old vintage kit to clear the mind...
Back in 1982 when I was 16 I started getting into painting. This is the old version of Monogram's P51D "Detroit Miss". Being that I was just starting out, I didn't have the smarts to try painting the yellow nose that was needed. - But I had a lot of fun and me and my friends quickly found out that decals went on almost perfect on the Testors silver paint! LOL
The vintage...photo taken in 1982.
P51-D_Kit_28429.jpg

So I saw that Revell recently (?) re-issued the same kit with different markings. While I was building it I felt the same fun that started me into this hobby. There is nothing like a kit that brings back great memories.
The Revell version...2012
IMG_5333.JPG

It is funny, all of us modelers seem to get the bug for the same kit at the same time. LOL! On this site and others I see this kit posted a lot. And all of them are awesome. FightingJoes rendition of this kit that is in progress is great, I can't wait to see his final outcome.

1982 vintage? Not vintage but classic. Now you know how to make one feel ancient,right Terry?

thanks guys!

I have to say, the new revell decals are so much better than the old monogram decals. They go on so nice.

I know exactly what you mean cb1.
I started knocking together my Monogram P-38 last night (circa 1964) and it's going together a treat :pilot

thanks Joe, but you got me beat by a mile. :notworthy

I wish I had the patience as you with the tiny pieces. I just can't do it, the vision is just not what it used to be :blink

Back