• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

monogram P-47D

just finished up this kit,
newer release of the old monogram kit. I made it out of box, only adding homemade machine guns and antenna wire.

thanks for looking!

255679_zpsdb4fb7e8.jpg

DSCF1798_zpsaaa52311.jpg

DSCF1797_zpsb7012875.jpg

DSCF1794_zps155e75fe.jpg

DSCF1796_zps5542d64b.jpg

DSCF1789_zps16cd0447.jpg

DSCF1800_zpsf2be266f.jpg

DSCF1792_zps2e54f31b.jpg

:woohoo: HOT DAMN I love that mouth I will need to get one (THIS MUST BE A DISEASE AND SAUL THE CARRIER :fencing )

Love a Jug!

I can think of several campaigns you could have earned a battle ribbon with this build. Why not join in one?

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/current-campaigns

Love a Jug!

I can think of several campaigns you could have earned a battle ribbon with this build. Why not join in one?

thanks guys.
I never really looked at that stuff!, I never got into the group builds and such, only because I sometimes jump from model to model and never finish anything, I don't like to have a deadline, even if it is lengthy :pp

I'm the same way about deadlines, that's why we generally put a year on them. :rotf

Really nice job on the Jug. :pilot

Love a Jug!

thanks guys.
I never really looked at that stuff!, I never got into the group builds and such, only because I sometimes jump from model to model and never finish anything, I don't like to have a deadline, even if it is lengthy :pp

A perfect example of how I feel . Beautiful Jug (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

I would like to add a couple comments to your build ( Don't take this personally ). Just a matter of realism .

I have looked at a lot of bomb pictures . They got terribly nasty from rolling them on the dirt etc but I've never noticed any chipped to the metal.

Also that beautiful shinny drop tank was made from paper . Doubtful it would have been anything but painted .

Beautiful build, no matter what . Cheers, Christian B)

:yipee Another ('Christchurh') 405th FG P-47 !!

Really nice build of a great old kit - one of my favourite of those 1970's Monogram releases, and I would respectfully echo what Christian has already pointed out and mention that for the ("matter of realism"), the radio number on the fin would usually be below the white band.

:good:

Ian

thanks guys, I appreciate any feedback!, I did realize after the fact the numbers should go underneath! lol i was using the box art as my guide to place the decals though.. haha

I did not know the drop tank was made of paper? i thought it was aluminum, wanted to add some "bling" to that baby lol B)

I was looking at lots of bomb pics because I wanted to add some "bomb graffiti" but I found some with chipping etc. and figured that looks more interesting than no chipping :woohoo:

corsair_900_d_ww2_bomber_missle_bomb_replica5_zpsfa314c32.jpg

thanks guys, I appreciate any feedback!, I did realize after the fact the numbers should go underneath! lol i was using the box art as my guide to place the decals though.. haha

I did not know the drop tank was made of paper? i thought it was aluminum, wanted to add some "bling" to that baby lol B)

I was looking at lots of bomb pics because I wanted to add some "bomb graffiti" but I found some with chipping etc. and figured that looks more interesting than no chipping :woohoo:

corsair_900_d_ww2_bomber_missle_bomb_replica5_zpsfa314c32.jpg

Interesting about the bomb :hmmm Anyhow they are all steel bdy , so I'm not sure how bright that could be . I notice these chip are look dull .

I did find some paper tanks painted silver though . Not as polished as yours but I have to admit that it looks very sharp.

Who would have though paper tanks would work ? Bear in mind they are throw away items.

Seems like the Germans used some on the BF 110 also.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back