• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MMM 2023 - Douglas RB-66B Destroyer (1/72 Italeri)

There's more blades on that jet than a Swiss Army knife!
Whatcha gonna do to that big gap at the back of the clear parts?
I'm glad to see you back at it! :good:

Looks good Chris. Since this started in Micro Model Month 2023 you might have it wrapped up before someone calls for the 2024 campaign. :rotf

There's more blades on that jet than a Swiss Army knife!
Whatcha gonna do to that big gap at the back of the clear parts?
I'm glad to see you back at it! :good:
Not so much a gap, as the canopy sits a tad higher than the fuselage. The shadow makes it look worse than it is. I'm not going to worry about it. Onward and upward. The kit really isn't that great of a kit, so I'm not going to let myself get too bogged down with "minor" problems. But it's a kit of a rather unique aircraft that hasn't been otherwise covered by other mainstream manufacturers.

Not so much a gap, as the canopy sits a tad higher than the fuselage. The shadow makes it look worse than it is. I'm not going to worry about it. Onward and upward. The kit really isn't that great of a kit, so I'm not going to let myself get too bogged down with "minor" problems. But it's a kit of a rather unique aircraft that hasn't been otherwise covered by other mainstream manufacturers.
I never doubted you for a second! An outstanding build so far!

I got mine. I’m with Chris, 1/72 is large. :bigrin:

IMG_0033.jpeg

That's Pretty! She looks very Destroyer like!
How did the underside come to look dappled like that?
I know you didn't mask it with cottage cheese, I was watching your build. :lol:

Chris I moved this out to Wesendorf Field so it's not lost way down in the completed threads.

Excellent finish, always love to see a SEA camo. :pilot

That's Pretty! She looks very Destroyer like!
How did the underside come to look dappled like that?
I know you didn't mask it with cottage cheese, I was watching your build. :lol:
Variation of black basing. I use a dark grey instead of black. Then layered up the paint erratically with the Iwata brush (finer lines than the Patriot).

Variation of black basing. I use a dark grey instead of black. Then layered up the paint erratically with the Iwata brush (finer lines than the Patriot).
I'm glad someone took a lesson from that stuff. I seem to be missing the point. :confused:

The great thing about being a " bloody foreigner" here is i get to see a lot of aircraft i have never seen before. We didnt really go in for these medium bombers here apart from the Canberra ( or your Martin B-57 )
We did have a go at the TSR2 which was loosely comparable to your F111 but it got cancelled by politics.
Great build well done .(y)

You built another airplane model that isn't easy to build and built it well! Bravo! The canopy join looks much better on the the finished jet! :good:

I see this new black basing thing is seems popular. I would NEVER tell any else what to do with their model, however, for myself, I don't care much for the random, disarrayed look it lends to a model finish. If a model is a miniature representation of the real thing, black basing looks less than authentic to me. As if it was field applied.

Do you suppose this new technique that originates in Spain, if I understand it correctly, is a gimmick to make sales? :bm:

Do you suppose this new technique that originates in Spain, if I understand it correctly, is a gimmick to make sales?
don't know how new this is, surely new to us on our little corner of modeling world.
I've played with this today on the Comets, posting photos shortly. I can see this working more on the larger scales, in fact I got an idea for an OD scheme that captures what we see in some of the period photos.
I think the only sale you can get from this is more paint, and I'm not sure I've used more paint here.

Back