• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MMM 2023 - Douglas RB-66B Destroyer (1/72 Italeri)

Cockpit. I don't think too much will be seen, but I used a couple different shades of gray to vary things up a bit.

52728961688_6f47ee7908_c.jpg

Fuselage coming together. I did use some styrene flat bar to build a shelf to help w/ alignment of the spine. I still need to glue the tail & belly together.

52729884829_6c560fa895_c.jpg

Speaking of the belly...there is a bit of a weird recessed mold line that is going to take some work to clean up.

52729109572_be312d0fd8_c.jpg

Nacelles are together, and currently working on cleaning up some seams.... Don't mind the bench, hella cluttered right now after being out of service for a few months.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. Do you mean to tell me that while you're away, goofing off on the highways of our Great Nation,
your bench doesn't straighten itself up?
Da schitz dem Hund im feuerzeug!

Dorsal spine looks worse than it is in the above pic. It's pretty minimal really. I wasted a lot of time trying to decide the best way to tackle the bottom...part of the reason the build stalled out. Last night just said screw it, it's not going to fix itself, so a couple smaller layers of putty as it really wasn't deep enough to fill w/ styrene. And it's the underside, even if it's not perfect, almost nobody is going to see it.

Final (hopefully) wet sanding of filler on the belly. Going to hit it with some primer in a couple hours to see how it turned out.

Some of us older guys run a strip of Tamiya tape down either side of the offending seam, apply the filler, peel off the tape after the putty has cured and sand it off in a little tidier fashion.
These same old guys run a black marker over the sanded seam to see it it is completely filled or not. Quicker than spraying primer, see?

Time for a bit of catch up on this. Attempting to push this one to the finish line for this month's club meeting on the 24th for "Shelf of Doom". It was never really relegated to SoD status, but certainly got set on the back burner.

Back