• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Miniart M3 Lee Mid Production 35209 Build blog

Hello,
Back again with the next installment of images of work.
Note: The tracks are painfull to get together. Very time consuming but the best part is they are movable.
All the parts are in sub sections now ready for painting and weathering.

M3 Lee sub sect 2.jpg
M3 Lee sub sect1.jpg

M3 Lee sub sect 3.jpg

M3 Lee sub sect 4.jpg

M3 Lee sub sect 5.jpg

M3 Lee sub sect 6.jpg

M3 Lee sub sect 7.jpg

Michael :Drinks:

It's like one of those exploded views in a technical manual!

The metal barrels are aftermarket right?

Wow look away for a few days and this has really taken off,details look outstanding.

Thanks Guys,

Bob,
Yes, aftermarket metal barrels ,Aber 30 cal barrels and Master Reality in Miniature 37 and 75mm.

I'm keeping the 30 cals in plastic beside the driver because they only just stick out and are hardly seen.

Will have a 30 cal belt hanging out of the commanders turret 30 cal. I think Miniart got the instructions wrong with the ammo box sitting on top of the 30 Cal.
Logical question you would ask is how would you open the access cover to clear stoppages. My thoughts are the 30cal ammo belt would have been draped over the top of the 30 cal and not in a box as the instructions show.

Michael

That quite the collect of parts. I guess one day I'll have to give them Miniart tank kits a try.

Hi Mike
Looks like they put the mistake with the exhaust right with the Grant version i have just started, i will post here as it might help others but if you would like me to delete no probs , just say

DSC_3094.JPG
DSC_3096.JPG

Thanks Paddy, I'll use those plans when I finish mine off. :bigrin:

At the moment the m3 is back in the box.
Have been trying to get the tankers ready for the 38T's to show something finished for 2021.

That quite the collect of parts. I guess one day I'll have to give them Miniart tank kits a try.
Thanks Eric,

Do not be in a hurry. The Miniart kits play with your mind as somehow once you open the box you realize the complexity of how long it is going to take to build the model.:frantic: :bigrin:

You are right Mike, i opened the box and put it way again several times over the last 6 months. :) It needs a lot of thought to just get the order of assembly and painting right so you dont box yourself into a corner.

Back