• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Miniature Society Contest -- Chicago

DioRandy

Andy Fettes and I attended the Military Miniature Society of Illinois Society Show in Chicago today (10/24/15).
As usual, I took a ton of pictures, and I hope you enjoy viewing some of them. It was great to see Andy again after nearly five years. Andy entered his SS Tanker Normandy figure (see his post) and a Panther. It's mainly a figure show, but there is always a wide variety of models.
These are some of the figures:
he0a169c.JPG

h601a6e7.JPG

h45f6634.JPG

h4b63ec7.JPG

h12dfcc7.JPG

hbed5c2d.JPG

hefabbaf.JPG

hddc4882.JPG

hedd8b01.JPG

hc69eaac.JPG

h4c4647a.JPG

hecb3e6a.JPG

Hey Andy, looking good buddy.

Hope y'all had a good time, need to get y'all some bowling shirts.

We had a fun day and as Randy says its great seeing him again after all this time :drinks

Personally, I did rather well gaining 2 silvers for the SS tanker and for Von Ribbentrop`s 304 Panther.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/spruepub-forum/fettes-figure-forum/151153-ss-tanker-normandy-1944-finished?limitstart=0&start=24

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/german-steel/149165-von-ribbontrop-s-panther-a

Alex Wench De Leon gained a gold with his border patrol Harley

Best of Show went to Jason Green with his Potemkin bust ( the 2nd of Randy`s photos ) which was simply superb !!!

As for the bowling shirts ummm I simply dont do bowling shirts but a nice polo shirt or a t shirt would be good :coolio

:drinks

Congrats Andy and Alex!

Post up if they have more pictures, would love to see them.

One big huge downside to the show was that the ballroom where the competition was held had really very poor lighting and good photos are few and far between sadly.

I hope this situation is sorted for next year

That seems to be the common issue with these shows, don't the organizers get that?

Most times yes, but the limitations of budgets, locations and existing lighting in venues that are not designed around the idea of shows like ours makes it tough to find the ideal location. I know, in a 'target rich environment' like LA where venues abound; one of the biggest issues we can't resolve is the lighting in any of them.

Looks like a great show. Thanks for posting these pics.

Mark I noticed some of the shots from our European friends they have work lights setup along the display tables. I know that could be a pretty big investment but it would be a lasting investment.

Nice photos thanks for sharing & congrats on your winning, on the lighting :hmmm gives me some Ideals, wonder if I could pull it off, oh well thanks, and glad ya'll had fun.

Nice looking figs in the pics . I wish I could paint a figure up like those 2. I agree with the lighting issue. I went to the Nats in Columbus this year and the lighting was horrible in the room!

Tim

Mark I noticed some of the shots from our European friends they have work lights setup along the display tables. I know that could be a pretty big investment but it would be a lasting investment.

True, And at some local contests I've seen similar setups in venues with poor lighting. In our area, it is something to consider, along with questions like, where do the lights get stored between contests and what other use can be gotten from them? I know my club has some lights we use sometimes at our contest; and we use them also for club demos during meetings too. Yeah, lighting is a good investment.

Tim I agree about the lighting in Columbus. Still was a great show though.

Lighting or no, that is incredible work! Andy, I like your 'Figgers" (as you say it!)

Hey, pics 11 & 12 are just awesome

Man o Man! Some nicely done figgers &such!! The one that catches my eye is the German tank commander standing in the Turret. Looks quite big!

There's another photo of the German tank commander in the turret on the "More Photos" post. It shows not only how big it is, but what's below it, too. It depicts a real commander, complete with era photo and info. It's very nicely done.

There's another photo of the German tank commander in the turret on the "More Photos" post. It shows not only how big it is, but what's below it, too. It depicts a real commander, complete with era photo and info. It's very nicely done.

:huh: B) I'll definately look into it!

Back