• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MH Design

This 109 E4 i am building has swastika decals but in 2 parts so they dont look like a swastika on the decal sheet.....really ? :)

Well, most decal makers are doing it that way, because otherwise they would have to produce a seperate one for selling in Germany, as here it is forbidden by law to sell or show swastikas. Even on model shows you will not see any swastikas. On model shows if your 109 does have one, you have to hide it or dont show the model. And that's why most decals makers do those broken swastikas. Same on the boxes, you won't see swastikas there, just to prevent to produce seperate boxes to be sold here.

Looking closely at the pics it does look like he's enhanced areas, but not much. I clean up my pics too, so I won't beat him up much on that, but I don't enhance specific areas, only lighting and sharpness due to lighting or focal issues. The builds he's got on Spacebook are literally impressive and I was surprised I was actually able to see them. Spacebook normally blocks viewing unless you login, and I've "never" done that. My Malwarebytes blocked his site immediately, never got a glimpse of it, so that answers that.

The amount of detail he puts into his builds is incredible and speaks to his attention to detail specifically. Just looking at some of the wheel wells says a lot. But, like all of us, we don't catch everything and those decals issues are some examples.

Me, I'm impressed with his work, but like you, Paddy, I can understand your trepidation with his presentation. It is similar to my feeling about anybody who uses a "smudge pencil" or eraser to shade pencil drawings. It's fake, and it's not art, but some folks get incredible results and lots of people love it. Pressure and lead density is how I was taught, and there were no such things as "smudge pencils" when I was in class. If you smudged anything to shade your drawing it was tossed by the instructor, or you removed it from the bench, not allowed.

If anything, you can always use his pics for reference? Just a thought. I can appreciate his attention to detail, it's astounding and it looks like this guy does nothing but eat, breath, and eliminates AC detail. Impressive!

Yes i i am happy to say i was wrong, My doubts were really because no one makes an after market engine like this but as Saul says, Eduard did make one , now discontinued, which explains how he got the detail in things like plug leads as these were separate parts in the Eduard up grade.

08.jpg

you can see here above, the plug wire conduit i had doubts about is a separate part ready drilled
07.jpg

Anyway i am still wondering how i can do this to the standard kit. Not sure its going to be within my capability TBH. :)

Like Rhino says, Paddy, we've seen your work, so we trust you can do it. I think it would be fun to get that deep, but my energy is in a different direction. That engine kit is impressive.

Hang on guys !!! no pressure then ? :)

I am looking to see what i can do but its very frustrating working in 1/32, Rhino points to the Bentley but there is a world of difference in 1/12 and 1/32 :) , its really what you are set up to deal with. Bit like me asking Steve to paint a figure for this 109 but using a 1/2" brush :)
Meanwhile if any one has any suggestions ....

No pressure.
There is Iron in your words of scale for all Modelers to see.
There is also well deserved caution concerning Eduard aftermarket products for all to see.
Adding aftermarket details means more opportunities for flaws that are not of your making to come your way.
I notice this builder/buyer has cowling and panels off, but nobody is doing anything to the airplane. "Oi! We took it apart and went to home for the week end."
Boffins with tools and dirty coveralls could help tell a story.

No pressure.
There is Iron in your words of scale for all Modelers to see.
There is also well deserved caution concerning Eduard aftermarket products for all to see.
Adding aftermarket details means more opportunities for flaws that are not of your making to come your way.
I notice this builder/buyer has cowling and panels off, but nobody is doing anything to the airplane. "Oi! We took it apart and went to home for the week end."
Boffins with tools and dirty coveralls could help tell a story.
1727136286317.png

Why do I picture this guy?

Back