• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitt Jet

Thanks!

This little jet will be finished at about the same time as the Matchbox Me 109 will be, I will be spraying both of the models with their flat clear coats in a day or two.

Here the decals have been added...the national marking decals are from my spares box and are from a Microscale sheet and are really old, some of them shattered when sliding them off the backing sheet onto the model and I had a real struggle keeping them together while they dried. :unsure:

had642e1.JPG

h21fd13c.JPG

h5e2d36b.JPG

h0efbc3a.JPG

he3afae1.JPG

Matrixone

really wonder how that thing would have handled. in that arrangement

I haven't actually got a degree in Aerodynamics 'nor Physics (surprising I know... :gogo ), but my expert opinion would be that the glide-qualities would have been akin to those of an anvil...

...wearing a brick. :good:

Ian

Well the model of it at least looks good - even if it will glide like an anvil with a brick tied to it. :geek

This thing would glide about as good as the space shuttle used to, I imagine a belly landing with this aircraft would have been 'exciting'.

Matrixone

This is the last of the in-progress pictures of the Me P1106, I just need to add the wheels and paint the nav lights.

h6b871aa.JPG

heb9d640.JPG

h8e111a1.JPG

Next pictures will be of the Me P1106 out at the airfield. :D

Matrixone

Looks very snazzy. Thinking the target would get lost in the nose though making this less than stellar as a fighter. Very interesting conv\cept though. Looking good Les (y) (y) (y)
James

James,
I can't imagine this design ever being approved for series production no matter how fast it was, the Ta 183 would have been a far better combat aircraft even if a little slower than the Me P1106.

Matrixone

Thanks Luiz,

The airfield was a little too hot today for getting pictures of the Me P1106 so I took some test shots in the shade instead.

he0b8252.JPG

hb7cceab.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks Guys!

Maybe when its out at the airfield it will look better....(I really don't think it will help). :laugh:

Matrixone

Back