• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitt Jet

Thanks for the comments! :)

While I had the airbrush out earlier today I decided to paint at least one of the upper surface colors on this model, the darker color (RLM 83) was added first and later on the second color will be sprayed on.

h69585dd.JPG

hc363532.JPG

h2bf9a96.JPG

h3cbd97c.JPG

Matrixone

Strangely this just didn't appeal to me at first.... now with the paint on, it somehow seems more interesting - That's no reflection on you Les, just me being 'shallow' :S

Ian

Thank you Luiz and Ian.

Ian,
This design is not very pretty and at some angles is downright ugly but at least it was fast. :)

The painting of the camouflage pattern is finished, for those that know the Me P1106 well will instantly recognize I painted my model in the factory Type 2 full defensive scheme with RLM 82 and RLM 83 topside colors, this was airbrushed on free-handed using Xtracolor enamels.
After the paint is fully dry I can do some masking and paint the aft end of the exhaust nozzle with Model Master Jet Exhaust.

ha6ddc7c.JPG

h9f50534.JPG

hc5badbb.JPG

Matrixone

Thank you Mike and Luiz!

The last of the painting was done on this model before the clear gloss coat will be sprayed on.
Some of the interior (the jet engine) and the exhaust nozzle was masked and painted.

h03a0156.JPG

h961a64b.JPG

h6a31026.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks!

The 'fishing lure' has had the topside colors faded slightly with some precise airbrushing using lighter versions of paint. The glossy Xtracolor paints I used make it hard to see what I did but this needed to be kept very subtle, the flat clear coat should even things out and make the weathering look more natural.

h1cf72d8.JPG

h23b3062.JPG

h5506ff5.JPG

h19f1e59.JPG

Matrixone

Has a certain 'menace' to it's appearance, Les.... which could be 'enhanced' it with a skilfully applied sharks mouth... :fencing

Ian

Thanks for the comments guys!

No teeth for this model, my line of thinking for this model is the Germans were able to hold off the Allies just long enough to produce some advanced jet fighters, thus camouflage was still badly needed while the aircraft were on the ground being refueled or serviced.

Right now I am putting the landing gear on this model and when that's done it will get the gloss clear coat and then decals.

Matrixone

Back