• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitt Bf 109H-12 now finished!

matrixone

This model was built from the MPM 1/72 scale Bf 109H kit and after already building one of these before I wanted this Bf 109H to stand out from the other one so I made this model into a two seat Bf 109H-12 trainer.

The canopy used for this model was from the HobbyCraft Bf 109G-12 kit and the cockpit parts came from older models that were scrapped a long time ago but otherwise the model was built O.O.B.

Paints used were Model Master enamels and markings came from my spares box. Photographs of the Bf 109H-12 are hard to come by so I painted the camouflage pattern on this model to match the way Bf 109G-12 trainers were painted.

h97de2e5.JPG

h36f1df3.JPG

h1382cb8.JPG

hd35c6ca.JPG

hb9be6a4.JPG

h51113a8.JPG

h0f6475e.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks Paul and Luiz!

The way the Bf 109G-12's were painted I find interesting as they had a mix of factory camouflage and field applied mottling and I wanted the Bf 109H-12 to have that same 'neatly messy' look to it.

Matrixone

Put a bubble canopy on it and it'll look like a Reno Air racer. :pilot

Great build Les, thanks for sharing with us. (y)

Thanks guys,
This older MPM kit that I built this model from is crude compared to many of the new kits of today so I did what I could to make it presentable, it looks interesting sitting next to regular size 109s. :)

If only Tamiya or Hasegawa would produce 1/48 scale kits of the Bf 109G-12 and Bf 109H...sigh. :(

Matrixone

I can only envy You, for Your collection Les! :laugh: Superb! :coolio

All the best!
Dusan.

Thank you Dusan, Typhon, and Terry!

Out of the current group of four recently finished models this one ended up the worst and also has the sh*ttiest pictures taken of it.
The Bf 209K-4 model is better but had trouble getting good pictures of it...as you will soon see.

Matrixone

Back