• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MERKAVA II B - JUST FINISHED!...

Not knowing all too much about modern armor, I'm curious as to the purpose of the lengths of chain hanging from the rear of the turret?
I was also and asked, RPG Defense. Guess that area is a sweet spot for RPGs so they dangle those chains so the warhead will detonate early before it gets in there and does real damage.

They must be mucho heavy to not part ways when the RPG comes along?

Not knowing all too much about modern armor, I'm curious as to the purpose of the lengths of chain hanging from the rear of the turret?
I was also and asked, RPG Defense. Guess that area is a sweet spot for RPGs so they dangle those chains so the warhead will detonate early before it gets in there and does real damage.

Got to remember that rpgs are shaped charge warhead for penetration as opposed to a kinetic type weapon like a Sabot. If you can make that fuse go off before the warhead is pressed up against the armor it defeats the weapon. Think of a shotgun blast. Further out you are from it the less damage it does.

Got to remember that rpgs are shaped charge warhead for penetration as opposed to a kinetic type weapon like a Sabot. If you can make that fuse go off before the warhead is pressed up against the armor it defeats the weapon. Think of a shotgun blast. Further out you are from it the less damage it does.

But just think of all the jing- a - ling that must take place when that happens :facepalm

Back