• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng's 1/72 F-102A

B)
F-102DeltaDagger190thFISIdah.jpg

:coolio

Regards,

SEA and Sharkmouth??? Oh man.

I saw one of these fling up in North Dakota back in the early 80s. Guess it was NDANG out of Fargo. That Burner would rattle your fillings loose.

I believe you are referring to it's big brother the F-106 Bob . Really a window rattler . :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

I believe you are referring to it's big brother the F-106 Bob . Really a window rattler . :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Might be right Chris, I think it was stationed out of Minot. The ANG group down in Fargo were in F4s at that time.

Saul they used the F102 early on in SEA but found it was not suited for the Air to Air or Ground roles that were needed.

Saul they used the F102 early on in SEA but found it was not suited for the Air to Air or Ground roles that were needed.

They did use the aircraft over Vietnam but I am referring to this particular aircraft in a scheme unlike its stable mates in the photo. The camouflage does match those sent to SEA.

f102-002.jpg

F-102As_509FIS_over_Vietnam_Nov1966.jpg

Click image to learn more about the F-102 over Vietnam...

Regards,

Hmmm, now you have me wondering Bob . I know that they were retired from the USAF quite early due to some structural problems.

I did not realize that they were passed down to the guards. ( probably with four leaf clovers )

Anyhow, the F-102's used the same engine as the F-100's

The F-106's used the same engine as the F-105 . That will loosen your fillings right out of your mouth.

At any rate, I always found the F-102's to be more esthetically pleasing than the F-106 and unlike Saul, I preferred them in the colorful ADC paint jobs .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hmmm, now you have me wondering Bob . I know that they were retired from the USAF quite early due to some structural problems.

I did not realize that they were passed down to the guards. ( probably with four leaf clovers )

Anyhow, the F-102's used the same engine as the F-100's

The F-106's used the same engine as the F-105 . That will loosen your fillings right out of your mouth.

At any rate, I always found the F-102's to be more esthetically pleasing than the F-106 and unlike Saul, I preferred them in the colorful ADC paint jobs .

Cheers, Christian B)

Like the A7s, the guard got them and turn them into top notch weapon platform.

Pretty sure it was the F106 now.

Meng Meng Meng Awsome! :coolio I can't wait to see preview-review details!

Thanks Saul!

All the best!
Dusan.

Saul, maybe you can mention to the Meng team that they would have a friend forever if the Dagger and Dart came out in 1/32?? I'd be all over those in a flash.
James

Saul, maybe you can mention to the Meng team that they would have a friend forever if the Dagger and Dart came out in 1/32?

First, I need them to start the Pliosaur Series with the PACV as a first release!
45-ton-pliosaur-attacking-a-plesiosaur-AtlanticZoo.jpg

This is the Pliosaur catching a Plesiosaur.
:coolio

Regards,

Beauty! :coolio

1348479839967.jpg

more photos

http://www.meng-model.com/index2_new.php?id=186

All the best!
Dusan.

Back