• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Kids B-17 Complete!

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks, Bob.

Got some markings on this morning, not moving very fast today.

hc47e9e6.JPG

h42b22be.JPG

h3702c6b.JPG

Going to work on the landing gear next. Thanks for dropping in.

:drinks

Meng Kids B-17

That's Ok Mike :good: The B-17 was never the fastest chicken in the coop .

I think this is looking pretty darn good for someone that's not an airplane builder (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Meng Kids B-17

Awesome Mike!

must be close to wrapping this one up!

Are those decals or did you end up using the kit stickers??

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks guys! Warren, yes. :laugh: I had some old decals Chris gave me to use, but the first one kind of came apart on me, did manage to fix it (mostly). I trimmed the kit stickers closer and used them on most of the other markings, they weren't as bad as I'd thought, but the carrier film kinda shows on the nose. As Chris said, I'm not an aircraft builder, this was just a whim. B)

More to come, thanks for taking time to comment.

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks guys! Warren, yes. :laugh: I had some old decals Chris gave me to use, but the first one kind of came apart on me, did manage to fix it (mostly). I trimmed the kit stickers closer and used them on most of the other markings, they weren't as bad as I'd thought, but the carrier film kinda shows on the nose. As Chris said, I'm not an aircraft builder, this was just a whim. B)

More to come, thanks for taking time to comment.

And I bet you have suffered dearly with your eyesight the way it is .

I have to hand it to you though. With what you had to work with, you're getting it done (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Meng Kids B-17

looking good Mike! Did you drill out those gun barrels? The ones on mine were solid. (y) (y)

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks, Chris, I do pay attention to your builds and have learned a few tricks. :notworthy

Thank you, Dave, yes I did. :blush: It wasn't easy, but sure made them look better. Having a good sharp punch and my optivisor helped out a lot.

More to come, I just haven't had time to photograph my latest flights of fancy. Thanks for coming by.

Meng Kids B-17

Just winging it here, I added some details. Props painted.

hacb9032.JPG

he43e446.JPG

h6095580.JPG

The hole in the card idea came from Chris, worked well. Thanks for the extra card, Mark! A shameless plug for you. :good:

Landing gear looked nekkid, so I added hydraulic lines. :eek:hmy:

h79c9a6e.JPG

h64ad619.JPG

hbd9a6bc.jpg

Eggs up!

h5684933.JPG

Clear coat on, ready for panel lines.

hb041133.JPG

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Meng Kids B-17

Well, I wasn't going to shell out for a whole book or that fancy PE stuff. Went Iowa farm boy and scrounged up aluminum tube and .015 solder. Cracks me up!

:D

Meng Kids B-17

Well! Look at you GO! Your usual attention to detail and display of skill, even on a cutesy Egg-Fortress!!
:ro:
(y)
:good:

Meng Kids B-17

Good progress Mike . Need brakes to keep from overshooting a landing on the coffee table :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Meng Kids B-17

Mike, that is some fine work! When i first saw this campaign build I was sure it was not for me, but that darn thing IS cute!

Just winging it here, I added some details. Props painted.

hacb9032.JPG

he43e446.JPG

h6095580.JPG

The hole in the card idea came from Chris, worked well. Thanks for the extra card, Mark! A shameless plug for you. :good:

Landing gear looked nekkid, so I added hydraulic lines. :eek:hmy:

h79c9a6e.JPG

h64ad619.JPG

hbd9a6bc.jpg

Eggs up!

h5684933.JPG

Clear coat on, ready for panel lines.

hb041133.JPG

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Meng Kids B-17

Thanks, Bob! Some progress made.

hdf4afc0.JPG

h9bf6d52.JPG

ha570690.JPG

Mig Dark Wash panel lines. I'll wrap things up tomorrow or Monday. Thanks for dropping by.

Back